Trying to lose the weight again, hopefully for the last time.

Options
Dana_E
Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
Hi! I'm trying to lose about 60 pounds (70 pounds when I started). I always hit a wall at about 40 pounds, and then go back to old habits and regain all the weight. I'm trying to avoid hitting that wall this time, and I'm hoping that some support and encouragement at MFP might help. I'm also hoping to find some kind of exercise I can fall in love with. I'm 5'9", CW 210, GW 150.

Replies

• MessNGer
    MessNGer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What intensity do you prefer? Low moderate or high?
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    gl.
  • Tinapopo
    Tinapopo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just came back. I need to loos 20 pounds. So you can add me . l don't know how to add people. Lol
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    144000JW wrote: »

I really don't like cardio. Or at least, the cardio I like (trail running) I can't do. I do like lifting weights. I lost 40 lbs with one round of P90X3, and I liked it because I never got bored with it, but I might if I did it for 6 months or more. I'm trying to work on a long-term game plan and find things I can carry with me when I get to maintenance. I'm also wondering if I will have to obsess over food for the rest of my life. It's part of why I hit a wall. I get so tired of weighing, measuring, logging, and just plain thinking about food. It takes no thought or mental effort to eat and enjoy rich foods and gain weight.
  • NATURE_OUTDOOR_GIRL
    Options
    I have always been very active. Even though I ran 20 -25 miles a week, I gradually put on extra weight even though I was counting calories and eating salads and skipping meals. I finally had enough and changed my nutrition. I started having 2 meal replacement shakes a day and I started losing weight. I couldn't believe it. I am 48. I then added nutritional cleansing one day a month and I even lost more. I have put on lean muscle and I feel so energetic! Best health decision I have made for myself. My nutrition is not a diet but a lifestyle for me. I have kept the weight off for a year!!! I hate to cook and plan and fuss over food, so this works so well for me. Good Luck!
  • MessNGer
    MessNGer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dana_E wrote: »
    144000JW wrote: »

I really don't like cardio. Or at least, the cardio I like (trail running) I can't do. I do like lifting weights. I lost 40 lbs with one round of P90X3, and I liked it because I never got bored with it, but I might if I did it for 6 months or more. I'm trying to work on a long-term game plan and find things I can carry with me when I get to maintenance. I'm also wondering if I will have to obsess over food for the rest of my life. It's part of why I hit a wall. I get so tired of weighing, measuring, logging, and just plain thinking about food. It takes no thought or mental effort to eat and enjoy rich foods and gain weight.

40 pds! Thats major! Sounds like you definitely put the work in. I would say P90X3 is pretty intense. It sounds like you want variety. Most athletes like yourself use "periodization" to stay free from boredom. I say find your favorite workout programs or systems and change them every 90 days hence " a period of time". Youll adhere to working out better if you do the ones you enjoy. When it comes to cardio its not all about walking, hiking, running etc. Whatever raises your heart rate is cardio. The does not care if you raised it with running or P90X3, it responds to being raised....whatever form that comes in. Again i say do the cardio YOU enjoy. The same goes with food. Eat the foods you like (and know are healthy). You wont obsess unless you categorize food. Question? What do you already know about diet nutrition lifestyle whatever people call it today?