• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ate fewer calories than I burned.
  • ak415
    ak415 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I swim twice a week and have been food logging for four months straight? How about yourself fitness420?
  • luizaxxi
    luizaxxi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Whenever I quit added sugar i lose 4 lbs in about 2 weeks.. other things that helped me were the atkins chocolate shake, strawberries, not adding fat to the food, not drinking anything but water
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I try to eat pretty clean, I walk. A lot. For me, it's just eat less, move more. It's mostly my mindset.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Weigh, measure, track, adapt, adjust, rinse, repeat.
  • NATURE_OUTDOOR_GIRL
    Options
    I learned to make healthy eating and exercise a lifestyle. I changed my nutrition to include 1-2 high quality meal replacement shakes a day made from undenatured whey protein with nothing artificial. Once a month I have a cleanse day and allow my body to do what is was made to do. I didn't restrict any kind of food, but watched my portions. I feel amazing and have so much energy! I have made my life active by doing things I enjoy like biking, hiking, and running.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I ate less then I burned.
    Cico
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Controlled my portions.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Weigh, measure, track, adapt, adjust, rinse, repeat.

Word.
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Portion control, quit pop, walk A LOT & I did a 24 day challenge.
  • clary3
    clary3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting and started incorporating cardio before and after weightlifting :)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    As I have a lot to lose, and want to make this a life style change, I added new changes slowly. First came being aware of what I was eating, through tracking, then weighing and measuring, slowly added in walking and am now adding some running to my walks. I am about a third of my way to my goal, but I know that I can sustain the changes I have made for ever.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting. Ate less calories than I needed to maintain.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I logged everything I ate, exercised 6 days a week to the tune of a 400-1000 calorie burn, tried never to eat back too many of my exercise calories, quit adding sugar to anything, stopped drinking soda frequently (I still have a diet soda 1-2x a week), started buying no-sugar added ice cream and treats, as well as sugar free treats. I switched to almond milk, the light vanilla versions, started eating bran for breakfast (fiber) and increased my water intake to at least 1 gallon a day. I've done that for the last year or so and have managed to lose 104+ lbs and keep it off. I'm not at my ultimate goal yet but I am within 10 lbs of it.

I even managed to over train and injure myself 2x last year which took me down so I couldn't exercise for weeks at a time. All I did then was stay under my calorie limits and the weight loss did not halt.

I think the point of it all is that there really isn't one single thing you can do to lose weight other than eat less calories than you burn. Everything else is just a bonus.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i cut out granulated sugar and most high added sugar snacks/foods right from the start, for it was one of the main reason i gain all the extra weight. since at least half of my daily calories intake beforehand came from my excess sugar use, riddin of it actually made my weight loss goal somewhat easy to obtain overall (without regularly exercising). In the end though, weighing what i ate, thruthfully logging it and staying at or right below my daily calories goal the majority of the time on mfp is main reason why i succeeded. Reading the forums was also a big help, doing so made me realize blah salads and diet foods did not need to be part of my life to suceed in losing the extra weight, nor was eliminating my favorite foods a good idea!

I did learn how to make better food choices through it all too, i tried to make sure whatever i ate included a decent amount of fat/protein/fiber so i would not still feel hungry afterwards..and i had a cacao/chocolate snack almost everyday to keep me sane as well.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used this app to calculate a calorie target for me based on the amount of weight I wanted to lose. I logged as accurately as possible and hit my targets consistently.

Nutritionally speaking, I started eating more veggies and a couple servings of fruit which were lacking in my standard diet before. In an effort to hit my targets and be accurate in logging, I started measuring and weighing out proper portion sizes of things rather than just slopping a bunch of food on my plate and calling it dinner.

As a matter of fitness I started exercising regularly.
  • seasonsdreams
    seasonsdreams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me it was just eating the healthier choices and cardio couple times a week. I lost 60 lbs. I've been lazy over the past year and and gained back 15. I've just started using MFP again. It helped me the first time so here's to it helping me along again this time.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    MFP
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting. Eat less, burn more. Lots of biking.
  • chanley8162
    chanley8162 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat clean with lots of protein, veggies and whole grains, I gave up drinking alcohol during the week, drink lots of water and do 30 mins of cardio a day! I then have Saturdays as my treat meal where I can have a glass of wine. Moderation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!