Aria scale

Options
I'm thinking of getting the Aria scale so that I can link it to my Fitbit. For those that have one or something similar, what are the good, bad and ugly reviews.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Reviews on Amazon were mostly good. Cost is a big factor. $$$
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Have had it for almost 2 years. I like it. It has profiles, so we set up myself & hubby. When we step on the scale it recognizes us. So it tracks my weight for me, his for him. If someone else in the house is similar in weight you'd need to indicate which person is weighing in though.

I also know when someone else gets on the scale, as it shows as 'guest'. I have teen daughters. One is slim, and I've been worried in the past that she might be developing unhealthy body image issues - and since she steps on the scale occasionally I will know if her weight starts to drop.

Overall, its easy to use and makes weighing in simple/easy. I don't have to log my weighins.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I was given one for Christmas. So far I like it a lot. It's much more accurate than my old cheapie scale I bought at Walmart, and I don't have to manually log my weight since it syncs automatically.

That said, I did have an issue with it dropping off my wi-fi network last week, and it took rather a lot of tweaking to make it join again. I find the process of linking it to a network a little archaic.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one.

Question for those who use it--does it automatically log every time you step on it, or can you tell it not to log a particular weigh-in? I ask because I sometimes step on the scale periodically throughout the day just for my own amusement (like seeing how much I weight before and after a big meal), but I only log my morning weight in Libra. I think that if I knew it would log every single weigh-in, I'd be hesitant to weigh myself any other time but the "official" morning weigh-in.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @missblondi2u it does automatically log every time you step on the scale, but you can go into the app or the website and delete the weigh in that you don't want.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

Question for those who use it--does it automatically log every time you step on it, or can you tell it not to log a particular weigh-in? I ask because I sometimes step on the scale periodically throughout the day just for my own amusement (like seeing how much I weight before and after a big meal), but I only log my morning weight in Libra. I think that if I knew it would log every single weigh-in, I'd be hesitant to weigh myself any other time but the "official" morning weigh-in.

The Aria automatically sends the information to the Fitbit website, then Fitbit syncs with MFP and updates MFP with the latest weight. If you weigh in the morning and then again and again until 11:59 PM, MFP will keep getting those updates and show the last weigh-in of the day. An interesting side note if you use TrendWeight, which also syncs with Fitbit, TrendWeight will only use the earliest weigh-in of the day and not update the data throughout the day. I use both and it drove me crazy, so I now only weigh once a day to keep MFP, Fitbit, and TrendWeight showing the same data.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    @missblondi2u it does automatically log every time you step on the scale, but you can go into the app or the website and delete the weigh in that you don't want.

Thanks!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It automatically logs. But you can delete data points either from the app/phone or Fitbit.com website. Also useful if there are 2 in your household of similar weight. Say it assigns your weighin to your sister, you can edit to assign it to you. Or the plumber tests out his weight, you can delete it from your Hubby's profile. (Though to do that, you'd need to be the main account user on the scale. I can edit more than my Hubby can edit, for example, because he can only edit his entries. I can edit them all. I have the power!)

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have it. I love it, but the body fat percentage probably isn't very accurate. I like that it automatically syncs with my Fitbit. It does log your weight every time you step on it, but you can easily delete it on the Fitbit dashboard via the website.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I love my Aria and would buy it again if it broke tomorrow. The fact that all I have to do is step on it and my weight is recorded on FitBit and MFP is great, helps me to see trends and patterns (as where with manually entering my weight, I sometimes felt too down on myself to record 'bad' weigh-ins). No BS now.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just ordered one using my earned wellnes dollars at work. Hope I love it!
  • sanjay_says
    sanjay_says Posts: 22 Member
    Options

To solve this if you're using an Aria, if you use trendweight.com instead of Libra, there's a setting that says to only use your first weigh-in of the day. The multiple entries will still show up on MFP and Fitbit (unless you manually delete them), but the trendweight.com graph will only show your first entry for a given day.

I like my Aria a lot. I think the body fat percentage is a crock (i've seen BF % swings of 3-4% in a day), but I love the convenience of being able to weigh daily and have the numbers automatically synch to trendweight.com for me without having to manually enter in anything.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I too love my aria. I would skip entering gains if i was manually entering.

The BF% can jump around a bit though it will give you a trend if you use under the same settings. There are things that will affect the BF% shown that can make it jump around i.e. if you weigh freshly out of a shower (feet slightly damp), since I have been regularly exfoliating my feet I find it is more consistent which I put down to dead skin playing havoc with the readings or late night drinking lots of fluid.

Females also have to deal with with cycles affecting BF% reading as they depend on similar hydration levels which can be affected obviously by fluid retention during your cycle.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I LURVE my Aria. It seems very accurate. I ignore the BF reading. And yes, I spy on everyone's weight in the family!