Pregnant Friends

Options
I just found out I'm pregnant. Maintaining and trying to eat healthier. Last pregnancy I really stopped paying attention to what I ate and the consequences were not pleasant. I would love some other pregnant friends to motivate me on my journey.

Replies

• Danasusann
    Danasusann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just found out I was pregnant too on 2/20. Last time I gained 80 lbs!! Not doing that again!
  • Danasusann
    Danasusann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • mizzougal11
    mizzougal11 Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm also pregnant, due in early September. I gained 70 lbs with #1, 28 lbs with #2 and then lost a ton of weight afterwards ending at 137 (maintenance). I'm trying so hard not to let it get out of control this pregnancy but I'm having a very hard time staying away from the bad foods!

I'll sen you a friend request and maybe we can all help keep each other in check!
  • Sharissadove
    Sharissadove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

End of first trimester here :smile: feel free to add me as well! This is my first baby so I don't have anything to compare to but where I started means I shouldn't gain much overall - which also means I might have an uphill battle these next two trimesters! Would love some other pregnant gals around so we can help keep each other on track!
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 34yrs old and 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I've been having the worst struggle eating. I've lost 9 pounds so far because of having no desire to eat. I've only gotten sick twice (in one day) due to nausea, but the smell of food makes me want to be sick. I often am only able to eat 400-500 cals per day. I'm very overweight and the doctor says I may lose 20-30 pounds and that's ok. I'm just tired of being tired, want to eat without feeling like a ton of food is sitting in my tummy for hours pressing against my esophagus.

Any suggestions? Which foods do you find to be calorically dense and nourishing without having to eat large amounts?
  • mizzougal11
    mizzougal11 Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    dkwahine wrote: »
    I'm 34yrs old and 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I've been having the worst struggle eating. I've lost 9 pounds so far because of having no desire to eat. I've only gotten sick twice (in one day) due to nausea, but the smell of food makes me want to be sick. I often am only able to eat 400-500 cals per day. I'm very overweight and the doctor says I may lose 20-30 pounds and that's ok. I'm just tired of being tired, want to eat without feeling like a ton of food is sitting in my tummy for hours pressing against my esophagus.

Any suggestions? Which foods do you find to be calorically dense and nourishing without having to eat large amounts?

I have had nausea with all 3 of my little gifts. Even though it doesn't sound appealing at all, protein tends to quell the nausea the most effectively. I have been having luck eating rotisserie chicken and a side salad. In between meals, when I'm queasy, I've had success this pregnancy sucking on a jolly rancher here and there. It might be worth a try.

Carbs are what I crave, but they sit, and sit and sit in the pit of my tummy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! and don't worry about the weight loss; your body is doing what it needs to and you'll get that energy back in no time! (well, maybe not no time, but soon!)
  • aubreejam14
    aubreejam14 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey there! I am 12 weeks preg with baby #2. A completely different experience,no morning sickness this pregnancy, feeling great! Still able to do my normal exercises, as I progress I will modify. I have cut out many sweets, as to I have a big sweet tooth!! I go to raisin bread with Natural Jif peanut butter and banana slices on it, defiantly helps those cravings that come upon you! ( 1st Pregnancy I could not work out much my iron levels were very low and very light headed when attempting to work.)
    Good luck to all you ladies!!
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey I added you guys to my group :) I am due May 2016! I am still running everyday and eating well, I have gained 13 lbs so far. I guess that's pretty decent... let's help each other stay healthy!! If anyone new posts to this topic and wants to join message me :)
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow with my first (and likely only!!!!) baby. So far, I am hating the process. I know, I know - "But you'll have a baby at the end!" - but I am a control freak and being out of control of my body right now is REALLY throwing me for a loop. I've lost a couple pounds so far, but only due to a stomach bug, ER visit and not being able to eat for a few days. My doctor told me she'd be happy if I didn't gain anything, so the bar has been set - and I am up for the challenge, so far.

When I can eat, however, I've been craving bad things. I haven't cooked in several weeks (the smell makes me want to puke). I am still working out (Strongman training (basically powerlifting with a few Strongman implements thrown in when I can do them). My boobs hurt. Everything smells bad. I'm bloated and gassy and have constant heartburn. Basically, I get on my own nerves. People ask if I'm showing yet and it's like ... "No. I'm fat. Fat people just look fatter. At least until later. Don't touch my belly!"

My husband has been the best ... seriously couldn't ask for more ... but I have a feeling this journey is only going to get worse for him. Planning some kind of big, fun, relaxing, spoiling-type prezzie for him in a few months. He'll deserve it!

I'd love to have some pregnant friends. Especially those who were/are on a weight loss journey. Please feel free to send me a friend request and hopefully we can help each other out!
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant yet, will be TTC in June or July of this year though. Would love some friends who are going through pregnancy now so that I can learn from you! Feel free to add me =]
  • DoozerKat3
    DoozerKat3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm not pregnant now but my husband and I are trying. We're also trying to get healthier. Can I make some friends here, maybe even get some tips and advice? Feel free to add me if so, thanks! :)
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    dkwahine wrote: »

I have had nausea with all 3 of my little gifts. Even though it doesn't sound appealing at all, protein tends to quell the nausea the most effectively. I have been having luck eating rotisserie chicken and a side salad. In between meals, when I'm queasy, I've had success this pregnancy sucking on a jolly rancher here and there. It might be worth a try.

Carbs are what I crave, but they sit, and sit and sit in the pit of my tummy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! and don't worry about the weight loss; your body is doing what it needs to and you'll get that energy back in no time! (well, maybe not no time, but soon!)

I crave fruit and smoothies. Those things don't cause me to have that weight and pressure in my tummy after eating. Thanks so much for the reply. I will try to work harder at eating some protein. The thought of meat just turns me off right now. The smell! Ugh!!! It's odd what our bodies put us through to create a life. Perhaps eating some non-meat proteins like quinoa and other grains will help. A couple of days ago I ate oatmeal for the first time in a while and that was a success.
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. I just joined today to track my nutrition and would love for any pregnant ladies to add me as a friend for support :)