Lactose Free Protein Shake

Options
Apparently, I am lactose intolerant (or at least that is my doctor's suspicion). I have been told to eliminate dairy for a month. I did some quick research on whey protein shakes and apparently it can still have lactose in it even though it's a lot less than milk. What is a good alternative to whey protein shakes? I'm considering just doing away with shakes altogether, but still want something there for convenience just in case I'm short on my protein goals.

Replies

• stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Google'd it .

http://www.theisopurecompany.com/we_are.html "That’s what we’re made of. It’s also what we stand for — protein that’s lactose-free, with little or no fat and carbs, and no impurities."

Try it out.

But yeah, I'd cut it out completely if I were you (shakes don't fill me up so I don't bother). Convenience? I guess jerky, edamame, those tuna w cracker packs?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Look at vegan shakes: rice, hemp, pea protein.
  • Mountainbum777
    Mountainbum777 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of lactose free protein powders out there. I just ordered Dymatize ISO-100, gluten and lactose free, 110 cals, .5g fat, 2g carb, and 25g protein per serving.

I've always ordered my protein from the bodybuilding.com store, do some research and you'll find what fits for you easily ingredient and macro wise.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I found two vegan powders at Costco, orgain chocolate flavor and the other brand escapes me but if you search vegan vanilla protein from you're diary it pops up, 110 calories and around 20 grams plant protein.
  • katymariep
    katymariep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am pretty severely lactose intolerant, and use Premier Protein shakes (found at Costco). They still do have milk proteins, but since there isn't any milk sugar, it doesn't trigger the lactose intolerant aspect. Works great for me, but it took a fair amount of experimenting. Everybody's body processes differently!