45 down, 100 to go. Looking for friends!

Options
Hi! I created my MFP account a few ears ago and never used it. Recently I started losing on my own just by eating healthier. Yesterday I started using the app to calorie count (from now on!) so I'm looking to network and find friends on here to keep up with and watch each other's progress!

Nice to meet you!

Replies

• roddernation
    roddernation Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Awesome!!! Doin' the same myself. Let's do this! Anyone looking for some friendly support and encouragement add me.
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am down 124 lbs with around 60 more to go, shoot me a friend request I'm always looking for new dedicated friends.
  • sjensenee
    sjensenee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working on the Same. Trying to lose at least 60 pounds by the end of the year. I am down by ten. I'll add you both. I need the encouragement too.
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I have about 50 more lbs to go (63 lbs down). You can definitely add me.
  • michellerdh64
    michellerdh64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Would love to be part of your network! You can add me!
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is also a return to MFP for me.
    I started at 191.8 kg (422.8 pounds) with an initial goal of reaching 81kg in 30 months.
    I managed to get to 176 kg (388 pounds) and stalled for several years.

In a rush of blood and knowledge, I set out again on April 1, 2014 to get the whole thing started again.
    By November 1, 2015, my progress was trickling along.
    After 19 months I was down to 158.5kg (349.4 pounds) which was too slow for my liking.

My sticking point was regular exercise. I struggled to do 30-60 minutes walking a day because of joint pain (knees, ankles).

I bought a pair of swimmers and started out with a book of pool entry tickets on November 10, 2015. I made up my mind to average 20 hours per week in the pool just doing laps at my comfortable speed.

My first laps (in the 25-metre pool) were 97 seconds per lap. My daily calorie target was 2200 calories.

My progress was/is good.

On February 1, 2016, I reduced my daily calorie target to 1800 calories and adjusted my micro-nutrient targets.

My current lap-times are 54-56 seconds per lap. I'm easily managing 20-25 hours per week in the pool. The 1800 calorie target is hard as my body cries out for extra carbs to get me through the swimming.

I'm doing okay.

Last Monday, I was down to 141.4kg (311.75 pounds).

Swimming has accelerated my rate of weight loss despite the fact that I only stay under 1800 calories 2-4 times per week.

15 weeks = 17.1 kg ... a much more pleasing rate of progress. I just need to get the food consumption stable to maintain the kilogram per week loss longer term.

I plan to retire mid July this year and hope to be under 120kg when I do. There is a light at the end of the tunnel after 20 years of morbid obesity.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For anyone who wants to get weight loss moving, can I just say that swimming takes away 99% of the joint pain that other exercise might bring.
    It's a very fluid, easy thing to paddle or breaststroke or just walk/jog in the swimming lanes.
    - - -
    Further tip: If you can afford a good set of waterproof bluetooth earphones, buy 'em and put your best motivational music on your MP3 player/iPod/iPhone/smartphone at the pool's edge in your gear bag as you lap away in the pool.
  • IrishMedic7
    IrishMedic7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic and I'm so proud of your persistence. I have 60 lbs to get off and I'd love to send you a friend request.
  • Lynnieco
    Lynnieco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP again also. My goal is 80lbs. I can use all the support as well so add me too!!!
  • Moxbrose
    Moxbrose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I am looking for friends on here! Please feel free to add me!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello! lost 120 pounds have 25 more pounds to go! Feel free to add me!
  • sondrad20
    sondrad20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! Awesome weight loss
  • sondrad20
    sondrad20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi awesome weight loss! I'm down 101lbs with more to lose. Would love to follow you on your journey.feel free to add me:) lets drop those lbs!!
  • deborahks
    deborahks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I'm new to the app am just getting started. I need support and inspiration.
  • AFettes21
    AFettes21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber from Wisconsin. I've been using MFP for over 4 years now with some great success! I had lost 99 pounds before getting pregnant with my second child and gained back 40. Im still looking to lose about 90-100 pounds. I'm on here pretty much every day so feel free to add me if you want some motivation and support. I'm always looking for new friends to help me along the way! Good luck on your journey!