Spaghetti Squash

Options
13»

Replies

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    p9qp9u403wi9.jpg

I did this for dinner last night. It was so good. A chicken and broccoli lo mein. I will make it again.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I did baked chicken, spaghetti sauce and the squash tonight. I was surprised that it was crunchy. It definitely doesn't replace pasta for me, but it was good and I'll buy it again.

Sounds undercooked! The spaghetti squash should be soft. Did you roast it for 40-50 mins?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How do you log the stuffed spaghetti squash though? I haven't bothered with it because I just can't figure it out. Usually I log it all raw then weigh the final product, but you don't eat the skin, and the skin definitely changes weight after cooking... and obviously it's impossible to just weigh the edible cooked squash portion...

So I just scoop the squash out and mix it up in a bowl instead...

But yeah, typically I just use a meat sauce on it, like I would with pasta.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    How do you log the stuffed spaghetti squash though? I haven't bothered with it because I just can't figure it out. Usually I log it all raw then weigh the final product, but you don't eat the skin, and the skin definitely changes weight after cooking... and obviously it's impossible to just weigh the edible cooked squash portion...

So I just scoop the squash out and mix it up in a bowl instead...

But yeah, typically I just use a meat sauce on it, like I would with pasta.

The stuffed spaghetti squash has the squash taken out once it's cooked, then you can weigh it, and weigh each other ingredient as you put it into the bowl before going back into the shell.
  • candiejayne
    candiejayne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did baked chicken, spaghetti sauce and the squash tonight. I was surprised that it was crunchy. It definitely doesn't replace pasta for me, but it was good and I'll buy it again.

Sounds undercooked! The spaghetti squash should be soft. Did you roast it for 40-50 mins?

Tonight, I'm going to reheat the leftovers and attempt to cook it longer than I did yesterday. I roasted it at 375 for 45 minutes. It wasn't horribly crunchy, but enough that it wasn't pasta-like, if that makes sense LOL.
  • candiejayne
    Options
    p9qp9u403wi9.jpg

I did this for dinner last night. It was so good. A chicken and broccoli lo mein. I will make it again.

I'm excited to try it with asian flavors!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    So how do you get the squash out withouth burning your hands raw?

Drag it out with a fork.

We make the lasagna bake with turkey for a lower cal deal.

• g4st15
    g4st15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie

I made this the other day and it was really good. It was my first time ever using spaghetti squash and I think I needed to drain/dry it a little better but it still turned out really good and you can have 1/4 of the entire pie for just 211 calories and it is very filling. I am from the South and love comfort foods, I am forever in search of something of substance (without a ton of calories) to eat when I diet...this and the Magic Weight Loss Soup are both very good.

hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/huge-portions-spaghetti-squash-pie-teriyaki-meatloaf-muffins
  • candiejayne
    Options
    g4st15 wrote: »
    Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie

I made this the other day and it was really good. It was my first time ever using spaghetti squash and I think I needed to drain/dry it a little better but it still turned out really good and you can have 1/4 of the entire pie for just 211 calories and it is very filling. I am from the South and love comfort foods, I am forever in search of something of substance (without a ton of calories) to eat when I diet...this and the Magic Weight Loss Soup are both very good.

hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/huge-portions-spaghetti-squash-pie-teriyaki-meatloaf-muffins

This looks amazing!!!
  • banannerbelle
    banannerbelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    'Sketi squash is the best! In addition to using it like noodles, I love it with curry or in stir-fry. In fact, lunch today is curry soup with chicken and spaghetti squash.
  • candiejayne
    Options
    I'm not big on curry, but one of the recipes, either posted here, or one I found on my own offers different things to do with the leftovers and one is a soup. I am a soup addict, so I will definitely give it a try there!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    d2snow wrote: »
    I use it like regular spaghetti. A little marinara sauce, a little italian cheese blend, a couple of turkey meatballs. Tastes really good!

I might do this for my first time, just to make sure I even like it.

That is exactly what I did and I like it!!!

@chubby_checkers I am making the chicken parmesan this weekend....looks so yummy!!!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just bake, scoop out and throw whatever leftover sauce I happen to have around, if not some butter and garlic...I have at LEAST 2x a week, esp this time of year!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just bake, scoop out and throw whatever leftover sauce I happen to have around, if not some butter and garlic...I have at LEAST 2x a week, esp this time of year!