Losing inches but not lb's

I have changed my eating habits and working out everyday
Drinking 2 ltrs of water a day at least
Losing inches off my hips but the scale says no different even more some days
Am I doing something wrong? I am determined not to give up but feeling so discouraged, any tips??

Replies

• The scale shouldn't be your goal. If you're losing inches, you're doing great. Keep up whatever you're doing!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,097 Member
    How long have you been doing this?
    How carefully do you log what you eat?

If you are losing inches, you are losing fat, the weight will likely follow.
  • beppipanks6
    beppipanks6 Posts: 37 Member
    @rileysowner I have been doing this for about 3 months and I log everything I eat and drink but only for the past 3 weeks was too relaxed about logging what I ate before
  • rileysowner
    @rileysowner I have been doing this for about 3 months and I log everything I eat and drink but only for the past 3 weeks was too relaxed about logging what I ate before

Ok, if you are losing inches and not weight and have only been logging really carefully for 3 weeks, you are probably doing fine. Inches lost would be an indicator of fat loss, as I said, if that continues, you will eventually see it on the scale. Also realize that no one knows your weight unless you tell them, what they see is the inches changing. If you lift weights this is not that uncommon as well.
  • beppipanks6
    @rileysowner right, thanks and that is very true and telling people what I weigh is not something I will ever do haha apart from on here that is
  • rileysowner
    @rileysowner right, thanks and that is very true and telling people what I weigh is not something I will ever do haha apart from on here that is

Just keep at the careful logging and measuring not just weight but body measurements. BTW, photos can also be very helpful to see progress. Usually at least a month needs to go by between them.
  • beppipanks6
    @rileysowner I really should have taken a picture at the start but I did take one last week and I am going to make it a monthly thing, thanks for the tip :)
  • rileysowner
    You are welcome.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Did you post this in 2 threads?

If you are your profile picture perhaps you have no weight to lose!
    What is your current height and weight?
    What are your daily calories?
    What is your exercise plan?