Completed 7 days worth of my food diary

Options
I'm happy with week one. I was able to stick with logging in. I averaged about 130 calories over per day...not bad. Weigh in tomorrow wish me luck.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great job and logging and best of luck with your weigh in.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep it up!
  • nursiichic
    nursiichic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks...weighed in today up 3 pounds :s
  • tayloranne98
    tayloranne98 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you!
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! You didn't gain all those 3 pounds this week - it may be water retention, if you ate something before hand, or any number of variables. Just keep logging what you're doing and you will start to see a positive change. One weigh-in that didn't show the number you wanted is not a set back. Just keep at it!!
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done, this is my 21 day and am determined to keep logging in the good days and the bad days :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nursiichic wrote: »
    Thanks...weighed in today up 3 pounds :s

There a number of things that could create this. Is it close to TOM? Did you have more salty foods than usual yesterday? Have you started a new workout routine? These can all lead to water retention.

Are you using a food scale to weigh solid foods to make sure you aren't underestimating your foods (this is very common)? Are you eating back the exercise calories that MFP gives you (the cals tend to be high, so eat about half of them until you know how your body reacts)?

Just some things to consider. Keep at it. Patience is very much needed in this process!
  • Elise51318
    Elise51318 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stuck with the diet, and in one weekend had 2 birthdays and Superbowl. Needless to say, that was a 5 lbs up on the Tuesday weigh in after. Back on task and I was down 2lbs 4 days later. A nutritionist told me that an average 2000 calories is equivalent to 1lb of weight. So I've been balancing out my calories on a weekly basis too, not only daily. So if I go over on one day, I balance it out on another. It helps with those events you can't miss, and it's less discouraging. Keep it up, just like life, weight has it's up and downs:)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Elise51318 wrote: »
    I stuck with the diet, and in one weekend had 2 birthdays and Superbowl. Needless to say, that was a 5 lbs up on the Tuesday weigh in after. Back on task and I was down 2lbs 4 days later. A nutritionist told me that an average 2000 calories is equivalent to 1lb of weight. So I've been balancing out my calories on a weekly basis too, not only daily. So if I go over on one day, I balance it out on another. It helps with those events you can't miss, and it's less discouraging. Keep it up, just like life, weight has it's up and downs:)

A pound of weight loss comes from a 3500 calorie deficit over the week. Depending on your location, nutritionists are not required to have much education. Seeing a registered dietician would provide you with more accurate information.

Your idea of balancing through the week is a really good one though. Many people have great success doing that!