Options
2»

Replies

• mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    111katie wrote: »
    I didn't keep good track until the last three months and I have actually been eating over 2500 the last two months.

If you're eating that much regularly and not gaining, maybe you have malabsorption issues? Have your docs checked for that?

Also, I saw sometimes salad or fruit for around 1000+ cals.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP so you are gravely nauseated and not really able to eat your cals everyday? So have been counting calories to eat 2500 and logging in MFP for the two months? Can you open your diary?

I am curious how you have been measuring your calorie intake..

I also see that you are 18 years old, so how active of an 18 year old are you? I know you say you don't exercise, but what do you do for fun activities? Could you be burning a lot more calories as well..
  • 111katie
    111katie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used a different cite until now. I drink ensure plus if I don't meet my calorie goal. And now that I think about it I guess I am fairly active so maybe I am burning more than I thought.
  • 111katie
    Options
    Peanut butter gets very tiring haha

LIES!! I could spoon a whole jar into my mouth in one sitting.

It is when you force feed it to yourself haha
  • 111katie
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I didn't keep good track until the last three months and I have actually been eating over 2500 the last two months.

If you're eating that much regularly and not gaining, maybe you have malabsorption issues? Have your docs checked for that?

I've had so many tests that it's not funny but I don't know exactly what they checked.
  • 111katie
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Bacon! How could I have forgotten bacon?

Can't eat anything fried or greasy.
  • 111katie
    Options
    I think I am going to try to gain muscle weight since fat doesn't seem to stick. How many calories should I eat if I start working out?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think I am going to try to gain muscle weight since fat doesn't seem to stick. How many calories should I eat if I start working out?

More than now is the easy answer. You need to up your calories to over 3000 to start I would say if you have been doing this for so long without results. The only problem is that you have some digestive issues and, as mentioned, you might have issues absorbing nutrients as well. Have they tested your intestinal flora? I'm wondering if you were on some strong antibiotics at one time that might have altered your flora. I'm just speculating but that could be part of the problem.

You'll need to find highly dense foods like nuts, oils, corn sugar etc that you can eat just to get your calories up. However, if you haven't been refered to an RD yet that might be the first step so you can discuss your goals and current situations with someone who is trained to deal with medical diets.
  • 111katie
    Options
    So I have been doing some research and nausea is one of the main signs of fat malabsorption, I'll talk to my doctor about it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    So I have been doing some research and nausea is one of the main signs of fat malabsorption, I'll talk to my doctor about it.

That would explains the fried food issue but your doctor should be able to diagnose that more accurately.
  • 111katie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I need to start eating fats that are easier to absorb and see if that works. Coconut oil seems good for absorption too. I'll see what my doctor thinks.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter gets very tiring haha

Personally, I cannot think of a more repulsive food to eat...I cannot take more than a small dose at a time. Of course, everyone has their own palate. The only time I really eat peanut butter is making either Gado Gado or a peanut coconut curry.
  • edwardmack23
    edwardmack23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am definitely underweight at 85 lbs and a BMI of 15.1. I would like to be 110 lbs but I just can't seem to gain weight. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem at one point in my life I was undersized and I hated it I tried and tried to eat more and workout but I would just get swole from the blood flowing to my muscles and would Temporarily look bigger but once I step on the scale the number didn't change so I tried to supplement called cd1 what it does is it decreases or slows down your metabolism and increases your hunger therefore you eat more and burn less calories the problem is you have a fast metabolism so no matter how much food you intake is going to burn off just as fast as you eat it now everything doesn't work for everyone the same way but I suggest that you give it a try Because I went from 135 pounds to currently 204 it was a journey but I'm here
  • 111katie
    Options
    I am definitely underweight at 85 lbs and a BMI of 15.1. I would like to be 110 lbs but I just can't seem to gain weight. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem at one point in my life I was undersized and I hated it I tried and tried to eat more and workout but I would just get swole from the blood flowing to my muscles and would Temporarily look bigger but once I step on the scale the number didn't change so I tried to supplement called cd1 what it does is it decreases or slows down your metabolism and increases your hunger therefore you eat more and burn less calories the problem is you have a fast metabolism so no matter how much food you intake is going to burn off just as fast as you eat it now everything doesn't work for everyone the same way but I suggest that you give it a try Because I went from 135 pounds to currently 204 it was a journey but I'm here

I will check with my doctor then try it :)
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You should log in your foods daily for a week. Then take that daily average and slowly add on more calories (100,200,etc.) a day if you're capable or just every week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

if you're not eating enough to gain fat, you wont gain muscle either
  • danielle4216
    danielle4216 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Have you tried looking for more digestible foods? Lemon yogurt, fish, fruit juices, applesauce, cucumber salad, cantaloupe, sorbet (blood orange is my favorite), rice, maybe start drinking tea. Anything that feels easy to get down will be more likely to stay down. Maybe meditate before eating if you feel stressed.
  • 111katie
    Options
    I eat more calories than I need to maintain my weight.
  • 111katie
    Options
    Have you tried looking for more digestible foods? Lemon yogurt, fish, fruit juices, applesauce, cucumber salad, cantaloupe, sorbet (blood orange is my favorite), rice, maybe start drinking tea. Anything that feels easy to get down will be more likely to stay down. Maybe meditate before eating if you feel stressed.

I'll try that