People-you are doing it wrong!!

Options
I thought it would be good to share our experiences. I am far from perfect but...
Today at work a guy next to me who keeps saying he can't lose weight brough in eight water biscuits for his lunch-112 calories. The problem is he has used half a Boursin round at 121 calories per 30 grams and 150g per round.
He looks at my ham and cheese sandwich with disgust as I am losing weight when he isn't.
He won't listen when I tell him he is doing it wrong.

Replies

• dragsapphire583
    dragsapphire583 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok he has used the whole round. So that's.... 112 calories plus 606 calories to my 374 calories
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Haha! I love that stuff though.....
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    oh my god, boursin is life
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    :D Typical of pretty much most people - they think if they eat perceived healthy foods they will be guaranteed to lose weight.
  • dragsapphire583
    dragsapphire583 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agreed Boursin is awesome but a whole round is pushing it for weight loss haha
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I mind my own business.
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I mind my own business.

But how do you feel self justified in your choices and superior to fellow humans?!
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I mind my own business.

Amen
  • cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love the update as it's happening. We need more of those on MFP. I'm going to update next time I'm at the gym "Been on the treadmill 1 minute, hate the treadmill. Been on the treadmill 1 minute 30 seconds, still hate treadmill."
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    OP. I perceived your words to be english but I have no idea what you said other than the guy at work eats more calories and rolls his eyes at you.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Are you truly concerned about his lack of weight loss? Steal his cheese when nobody is looking and eat it. Win-win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Heard this before. 'I don't understand, I don't eat anything!'. Except the 'nothing' they eat is high calorie stuff, which adds up to a lot.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Leave him a sticky with this website addy on it. lol

It's hard enough to be on your own healthy eating plan without having others roll their eyes at you.

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    He is probably saying that you must have a higher metabolism than him and the he must need to do something to raise my metabolism. So many people have said calorie counting doesn't work but if you never count you will never know. Even programs like weight Watchers and Jenny Craig are calorie counting in disguise.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    People generally don't like to hear that they are doing things wrong.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So you're female and he is male? Chances are he has a higher calorie allotment than you. So he has a 700 calorie lunch. Is it controlling intake and counting calories? I don't see the problem if he is, and if he is satisfied with his lunch.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,066 Member
    Options
    cblack8 wrote: »
    Haha, I love the update as it's happening. We need more of those on MFP. I'm going to update next time I'm at the gym "Been on the treadmill 1 minute, hate the treadmill. Been on the treadmill 1 minute 30 seconds, still hate treadmill."

Good idea. I'm going to take my iPad next time I take dog for a walk and do a running tally, you know, walked past one house, walked past 3 houses, now crossing the road, now turning the corner, hahaha.

• pietrat
    pietrat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, not sure if this is the right thread but I am tracking on MFP and not losing anything. My calories are set to 1200. When I get to the end of the night and submit it only tells me I'm going to lose if i'm under the 1200. What am I doing wrong????
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    pietrat wrote: »
    Hello, not sure if this is the right thread but I am tracking on MFP and not losing anything. My calories are set to 1200. When I get to the end of the night and submit it only tells me I'm going to lose if i'm under the 1200. What am I doing wrong????

You can make your own thread in the Weightloss section.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, but did he have du vin, du pain along with his Boursin?

I know, if he starts moaning about his weight loss again you can ask him if he wants some cheese with his whine. Because Boursin is cheese! See what I did there*

* I'll get my coat...