How do you eat your Eggs?

Options
margypan
margypan Posts: 28 Member
My husband and I are practically broke, so we tend to eat things that keep us full for a long time. Eggs tend to do the trick, so we bought a large case of eggs at Costco. I think it's 7 dozen for just a few bucks. We generally make a lot of quiche and scrambled eggs - which is getting old. I think I'm going to make egg salad tomorrow, but what other ways do you guys eat your eggs?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I LOVE deviled eggs, but the mayo is a no-no for me so I substitute it with fat free plain yogurt instead and make them that way. Tasty and much lighter.

I also like hard boiled eggs, eggs benedict, poached eggs, over easy eggs, egg salad, etc...
  • abtruse1
    abtruse1 Posts: 13
    Options
    My husband and I are practically broke, so we tend to eat things that keep us full for a long time. Eggs tend to do the trick, so we bought a large case of eggs at Costco. I think it's 7 dozen for just a few bucks. We generally make a lot of quiche and scrambled eggs - which is getting old. I think I'm going to make egg salad tomorrow, but what other ways do you guys eat your eggs?

i love eggs! i have 5 eggwhites (with one yolk) each morning for breakfast. i ad a slice of pepperjack cheese for a little extra zing.
    i was placing them on top of a slice of whole wheat french toast (dipped in the egg whites) but have since, stopped eating bread and pasta :(
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Scrambled topped with tomato salsa. Also I use hummus with a little curry powder in my devilled eggs.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    add veggies to them & fat free cheese & sometimes salsa or different condiments for a change of flavor :o)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on toast with a slice of cheese, and fried egg sandwiches,
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I love a good omelet--some melted cheese, some fresh picante, and wow! Not too many calories, not bad for me, and super-tasty! I've also been known to make an Arab/Tunisian (now sometimes Israeli) dish called shakshuka, which is utterly marvelous scooped up onto low-carb pitas or my Sara Lee Delightful bread.

Kris
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos, frittata (crustless quiche, basically), as the protein in a big salad.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    3 egg white omelette with garlic, black pepper, onion powder & crushed red pepper. Add 2 slices of turkey and 2 Tbsp chunky salsa on top of the final product. Deliciousness.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    hard boiled, deviled eggs, fried, scrambled, egg salad, eggs in a salad, egg whites only, hard boiled eggs in tuna salad, omelet, hard boiled eggs on sandwich (just on bread, or on bread with light mayonnaise, or with tomato and mayonnaise).

With that many, try experimenting with them to find a new dish!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with uncased sausage (pre-cook it) mixed in over potatoes O'Brien. You can get original, sage, and hot uncased sausage, we like the sage & hot
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I make omelets with 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, a sprinkle of low fat shredded mozarella cheese, some pieces of thin sliced deli ham, and some veggies...lately I have been favoring mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
  • keeping_on
    keeping_on Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For a slight twist on traditional scrambled, I cook them in olive oil (instead of butter) and add small chunks of cream cheese and whatever seasoning I have a hankering for. I also like them in a spinach wrap, scrambled with sun-dried tomato pesto and possibly a veggie. I use boiled eggs in my potato salad, or place a fried egg over steamed rice with some oyster sauce, or drop them in soup for alternative protein, or scramble them into stir fry dishes.

My guilty use for eggs is pasta carbonara. Sin just tastes so good.
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    Egg Curry has become my latest obsession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zMjCVwTjaU
  • Dagnytaggert
    Options
    My Southern SO puts a fried egg on a piece of toast with grape jelly. It sounds terrible but tastes surprisingly good...
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I scramble mine with some veggies (usually broccoli, onions and mushrooms) and put them in corn tortillas. Super low cal, and a pack of corn tortillas is a couple bucks and lasts forever. Will sometimes add cheese or avocado, too.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your topic made me want to answer something Dr. Suess style, like I eat them in a pan, and from a can. I eat them with my hand and next to the spam. I eat them hot, I eat them cold, but never do I eat them with the mold. Etc. Sorry, I don't know why I felt the need to share my silly thoughts.
    Anyway, I like to make breakfast burritos with a little cheese and salsa in a small tortilla. My family really loves when I make mini frittatas. I mix up a dozen or so eggs with about half a cup shredded mozarella and a quarter cup milk and then add some sundried tomatoes in olive oil (from costco) along with a few veggies, like mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, spinach or whatever we have around. Then I put a tablespoon of the mix into each slot in my mini-muffin tray and bake them on 400 for 14 minutes. They are SO good and addicting. And perfect for breakfast or lunch for a couple days. Usually makes about 3 trays.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg whites every morning for breakfast. [:
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh I also really love a fried egg with cheese on one of those sandwich thins. So yummy and low cal. Especially if you only use the whites.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Three egg white omelet with scallions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese, seasoned with Italian herbs. Topped with salsa or diced, stewed tomatoes and a dash of chili pepper.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love hard-boiled eggs. They are very portable.

Also, omlettes are great. 3 eggs, basil, and goat cheese. Mmmmmmmm!