Healthy Food is not the most delicious food.

Options
Exercise and eating the right food is the biggest part of controlling weigh and having a real good reason to do it is a great help.

Replies

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Define healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think healthy food can be outstandingly delicious actually...if one knows there way reasonably enough around the kitchen.
  • squinonez197
    squinonez197 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I consider healthy food that is full of nutrients we normally don't get that is low in saturated fats,salt,sugar and carbs.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I consider healthy food that is full of nutrients we normally don't get that is low in saturated fats,salt,sugar and carbs.

LOL
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. My diet is healthy and this week I've had Ben and Jerry's, a cheese burger, this delicious duck/pancake sandwich with dumplings...mmm
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Tastes differ and for sure there are a lot of 'not so healthy' foods that are delicious, but there are just as many healthy foods that are also delicious.

My dinner last night was very healthy - Pork loin chops, wild rice stuffing, sugar snap peas and carrots sautéed in olive oil - and it was delicious. I about to have some leftovers for lunch right now. B)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

You can't take one food and view it as healthy or not. You have to look at the diet on the whole.

Eat lean proteins, healthy fats and a wide range of nutrient dense foods the majority of the time and that will be a healthy diet.
    The fact they may have had an ice-cream before bed or a packet of crisps won't un-do or minus all that.

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

But why can't this "healthy" food, as you define it, be delicious, too?

Maybe you need to expand your repertoire of recipes?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »

But why can't this "healthy" food, as you define it, be delicious, too?

Maybe you need to expand your repertoire of recipes?

I agree. While that's not how I would define "healthy foods" I could make a number of delicious recipes that fit.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Look at my diary from mon 2/22 .. for dinner, I had a great salad that I think fits your definition. I can tell you that the various flavors and textures produced an eating experience that was both tastier and more satisfying than eating twice as many calories of .. I dunno .. chicken fingers.

"Healthy" food can certainly be the most delicious food.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tastes differ

/thread

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I only make healthy food, and it is delicious.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I think the food I made/ chose is healthy and delicious. Sadly that's only good for me but not the case for other people who had the same thing as me... So I kind of agree OP's statement but also disagree with it... :neutral:
  • squinonez197
    squinonez197 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had some unhealthy delicious food today BBQ ribs, deep fries fish, fried potatoes and small one small juicy sirloin steak ended the day with cup of chocolate Ice cream. Just went wild for one day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I make delicious healthy food all the time!
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Those aren't unhealthy foods...
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm just confused by this thread :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!