Just ate something I shouldn't...

Options
I feel terrible!!!!!

I ate a Dominos Brooklyn Pizza. 1700 calories, about 90 grams of fat, sodium shot through the roof of about 4800 grams. It's still early in the day and I can't eat anything else. I knew it in my head, that voice was warning me not to do eat it. I knew better. I KNEW better! I didn't listen to myself. I feel the urge of throwing it up back up, but I don't do stuff like that.

Anyone know how many days it might take to completely recover from this mistake?

Oh, gosh! Why did I do that!?

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Log it, learn from it, and move on. One day going over isn't going to sabatoge you or make you a failure. It makes you human.

To avoid it in the future, learn from it. Why did you want the pizza today? Was there some kind of gathering involved? If so, don't worry about it. Did you just order it because you wanted it? If that's the case, why did you want it? Was it something you were craving, or you were just really hungry? If you're getting super hungry enough to want to eat a lot of pizza, you may have your calories set too low.

Regardless, it's not the end of the world. Learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes and move on.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Take this as a learning experience, log it, and then move on. Stop beating yourself up for it. Don't punish yourself for the rest of the day because you went over calories at one meal. You could always eat like 100 calories less everyday this week to help offset it or could do some extra exercise. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not going to affect things that much.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on. Eat a sensible dinner if you're hungry later. Drink some extra water to help flush out the extra sodium. You'll be okay.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Its pizza, not poison.
  • dwaterfield
    dwaterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

I ate a Dominos Brooklyn Pizza. 1700 calories, about 90 grams of fat, sodium shot through the roof of about 4800 grams. It's still early in the day and I can't eat anything else. I knew it in my head, that voice was warning me not to do eat it. I knew better. I KNEW better! I didn't listen to myself. I feel the urge of throwing it up back up, but I don't do stuff like that.

Anyone know how many days it might take to completely recover from this mistake?

Very glad you decided not to purge...that's a bad road you don't want to go down.

Your body will recover just fine in a day. Just drink lots of water the rest of the day to help flush out the sodium. You might eat some fresh veggies just to help you feel full later if you get hungry.

Don't kick yourself - this stuff happens. Log it and move on.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why is it a mistake? You ate it, I presume you enjoyed it.

There is no way I'd be throwing up yummy pizza.

Just eat lighter the rest of today and get back to eating within your calorie goal tomorrow.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Its pizza, not poison.

that.

log it. move on.

nothing you can do about it now lol
  • FashionQueen86
    FashionQueen86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Log it, learn from it, and move on. One day going over isn't going to sabatoge you or make you a failure. It makes you human.

To avoid it in the future, learn from it. Why did you want the pizza today? Was there some kind of gathering involved? If so, don't worry about it. Did you just order it because you wanted it? If that's the case, why did you want it? Was it something you were craving, or you were just really hungry? If you're getting super hungry enough to want to eat a lot of pizza, you may have your calories set too low.

Regardless, it's not the end of the world. Learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes and move on.

My sister was treating me to Dominos. I hadn't had the Brooklyn Pizza in a long time, can't remember the last time I had it. So, I thought I'd have some. I had originally planned on eating just half the box. But instead, stuffed my face.
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Its pizza, not poison.

Well it FEELS like poison. That's a lot of fat under one day. I understand I don't eat this stuff everyday. It's still feels bad though.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    It's a horrible feeling, but just know that it is not the end of the world. Believe in yourself and what you are trying to accomplish and everything will work out fine. ;)
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Very glad you decided not to purge...that's a bad road you don't want to go down.

Your body will recover just fine in a day. Just drink lots of water the rest of the day to help flush out the sodium. You might eat some fresh veggies just to help you feel full later if you get hungry.

Thank you! I just had some carrots actually. Wish I could have gone with that. But I'll be sure to drink lots of water.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Thank you! I just had some carrots actually. Wish I could have gone with that. But I'll be sure to drink lots of water.

Why don't you go to the gym? like that's the fix.... you ate the *kitten* now go do something about it and burn those calories off. If you don't go to the gym you can go and sign up tonight and then use the gym. if you can't afford it then go for a walk/job or run.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

This. damn now i want pizza :blush:

Like others have said, log it and move on. One meal will not kill progress if your diet is sold 90% of the time.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Seconding the advice not to beat yourself up about it. But also - don't let it ruin the rest of your day by making bad decisions because "the day is already screwed up anyway; might as well". This is usually my mistake.

Just eat reasonably for the rest of your day. Don't starve. Don't binge. Tomorrow is a new start.

I ate a 600 calorie cupcake yesterday in a bit of an emotional binge. But I ate a light, but reasonable dinner, and didn't give into my temptation to skip the afternoon workout. It actually turned out to be a decent day, all things considered. We just do what we can.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Seconding the advice not to beat yourself up about it. But also - don't let it ruin the rest of your day by making bad decisions because "the day is already screwed up anyway; might as well". This is usually my mistake.

Just eat reasonably for the rest of your day. Don't starve. Don't binge. Tomorrow is a new start.

I ate a 600 calorie cupcake yesterday in a bit of an emotional binge. But I ate a light, but reasonable dinner, and didn't give into my temptation to skip the afternoon workout. It actually turned out to be a decent day, all things considered. We just do what we can.

Well said
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

My sister was treating me to Dominos. I hadn't had the Brooklyn Pizza in a long time, can't remember the last time I had it. So, I thought I'd have some. I had originally planned on eating just half the box. But instead, stuffed my face.

That counts as celebration with friends and/or family. This isn't something you do normally, so don't worry about it. You'll be fine, and stressing about it just makes you feel worse. ^_^ I finished off half a bag of jelly beans yesterday and came out just fine! My lesson from that is to measure out the portions as soon as I bring it home. XD
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Why don't you go to the gym? like that's the fix.... you ate the *kitten* now go do something about it and burn those calories off. If you don't go to the gym you can go and sign up tonight and then use the gym. if you can't afford it then go for a walk/job or run.

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

OP, we have all been there I promise you that. As the hours go by, that pizza will be further and further in the past. Do not let the rest of the day consume your mind with guilt over this. I hope you had a great time with your sister and you guys enjoyed eating together.

Instead of thinking it was all dreadful, make it a positive note that you did something good by spending time together. :):)

• jaredmcfitness
    jaredmcfitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Some really great advice on here and really cool people. Seriously. Keep at it! It's not how many times you fall down that counts, but that you get back up each time. :smiley:
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

I'm very active in the gym. I just think no matter what I do there, it's not going to really undo things. But I'm going tonight.
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Prepare your own pizzadough. Big amount. Stick part in the freezer, part in your fritz. Do the same with pizzasauce, make it yourself from fresh tomatoes, garlic and onions and canned tomatoes. Put part in the freezer, part in your fritz. Make sure you have in your house: fresh pineapple, fresh vegetables and mozzarella. Whenever you want to eat pizza: thats what you eat and let me tell you: you are allowed to enjoy it and it tastes way better, cause its not so fat and it contains loads of fresh stuff. Eat it everyday if you want, no problem! Recipes on Pinterest or from me!