Just ate something I shouldn't...

Options

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It's seriously ok! On valentines day my hubby and I had pizza for lunch. But it was a late lunch and I was hungry so I feasted on valentines candy beforehand. Then we had pizza and then pie at Perkins. Then I decided to not care the rest of the day and you can guess how that went lol. I gained like 3 pounds overnight (mostly water weight in sure). That next week I cut my calories slightly more than usual and was able to take all the weight back off. Those days are going to happen! I've lost 80 pounds in the past year and I just let the bad days go and move on.
  • FashionQueen86
    FashionQueen86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Seconding the advice not to beat yourself up about it. But also - don't let it ruin the rest of your day by making bad decisions because "the day is already screwed up anyway; might as well". This is usually my mistake.

Just eat reasonably for the rest of your day. Don't starve. Don't binge. Tomorrow is a new start.

I ate a 600 calorie cupcake yesterday in a bit of an emotional binge. But I ate a light, but reasonable dinner, and didn't give into my temptation to skip the afternoon workout. It actually turned out to be a decent day, all things considered. We just do what we can.

Cupcakes are usually my kryptonite. I get what you mean. Thank you.
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    jas3walk wrote: »
    It's a horrible feeling, but just know that it is not the end of the world. Believe in yourself and what you are trying to accomplish and everything will work out fine. ;)

Thank you :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When my sodium goes higher than my target, I give it 2 days of low-sodium eating to be sure that the excess of sodium has all been excreted. Depending on what your calorie deficit has been for the past week, you may have already had room in your calorie budget for the treat. Either way, you're not going to be hungry for a few hours, but you will get hungry and you should go ahead and have something light. It may have been an excursion from plan, but you don't need to jump directly into the penalty box of deprivation.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Count it as cheat day, once per month or twice a month. Yes it was a lot of calories, fat, sodium etc... but you don't eat like that 3 days a week. Don't be so hard on yourself. Yes the guilt washes over you when you're done consuming such an epic meal but don't let it wash you out! You've got this, forgive, forget and move on. This is a journey and not a race, we may fall off the wagon but don't let that wagon get away. Get back on and keep trailing. :)
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I feel terrible!!!!!

I ate a Dominos Brooklyn Pizza. 1700 calories, about 90 grams of fat, sodium shot through the roof of about 4800 grams. It's still early in the day and I can't eat anything else. I knew it in my head, that voice was warning me not to do eat it. I knew better. I KNEW better! I didn't listen to myself. I feel the urge of throwing it up back up, but I don't do stuff like that.

Anyone know how many days it might take to completely recover from this mistake?

Oh, gosh! Why did I do that!?

Very glad you decided not to purge...that's a bad road you don't want to go down.

Your body will recover just fine in a day. Just drink lots of water the rest of the day to help flush out the sodium. You might eat some fresh veggies just to help you feel full later if you get hungry.

Don't kick yourself - this stuff happens. Log it and move on.

Thank you! I just had some carrots actually. Wish I could have gone with that. But I'll be sure to drink lots of water.

Why don't you go to the gym? like that's the fix.... you ate the *kitten* now go do something about it and burn those calories off. If you don't go to the gym you can go and sign up tonight and then use the gym. if you can't afford it then go for a walk/job or run.

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

OP, we have all been there I promise you that. As the hours go by, that pizza will be further and further in the past. Do not let the rest of the day consume your mind with guilt over this. I hope you had a great time with your sister and you guys enjoyed eating together.

Instead of thinking it was all dreadful, make it a positive note that you did something good by spending time together. :):)

Babying someone isn't helpful either
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

I ate a Dominos Brooklyn Pizza. 1700 calories, about 90 grams of fat, sodium shot through the roof of about 4800 grams. It's still early in the day and I can't eat anything else. I knew it in my head, that voice was warning me not to do eat it. I knew better. I KNEW better! I didn't listen to myself. I feel the urge of throwing it up back up, but I don't do stuff like that.

Anyone know how many days it might take to completely recover from this mistake?

Very glad you decided not to purge...that's a bad road you don't want to go down.

Your body will recover just fine in a day. Just drink lots of water the rest of the day to help flush out the sodium. You might eat some fresh veggies just to help you feel full later if you get hungry.

Thank you! I just had some carrots actually. Wish I could have gone with that. But I'll be sure to drink lots of water.

Why don't you go to the gym? like that's the fix.... you ate the *kitten* now go do something about it and burn those calories off. If you don't go to the gym you can go and sign up tonight and then use the gym. if you can't afford it then go for a walk/job or run.

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

OP, we have all been there I promise you that. As the hours go by, that pizza will be further and further in the past. Do not let the rest of the day consume your mind with guilt over this. I hope you had a great time with your sister and you guys enjoyed eating together.

Instead of thinking it was all dreadful, make it a positive note that you did something good by spending time together. :):)

It sure was good! That's why I had a hard time putting it down. But now, my body is processing it now. So, there's nothing I can do. But thank you so much for your support. :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

Babying someone isn't helpful either

I saw the first words about coddling... sort of cold...
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You need to relax a bit. Food isn't bad or scary or anything else. It's just food what our body needs to survive. So you indulged and had a good time with your sister. That sounds like a win for me. Just log it and carry on. Try to enjoy life a bit, yeah? You only get one.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You'll recover in a day. In the scheme of things it won't make or break you. Like the other's said, it's done. Just put it in your food diary and move on. Eventually the days where you eat at or under goal begin to out number the days you might go over your goal.
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    You need to relax a bit. Food isn't bad or scary or anything else. It's just food what our body needs to survive. So you indulged and had a good time with your sister. That sounds like a win for me. Just log it and carry on. Try to enjoy life a bit, yeah? You only get one.

Looking back at the question, I've calmed down a bit. yes, I enjoyed myself, but I still wish I could have just eaten a couple of pieces.
  • Tedebearduff
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

It sure was good! That's why I had a hard time putting it down. But now, my body is processing it now. So, there's nothing I can do. But thank you so much for your support. :D

You can go to the gym and work the calories off ... why am I the only person suggesting this?

Was the purpose of the post to get positive reinforcement/ justification for excessive calorie intake?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

You can go to the gym and work the calories off ... why am I the only person suggesting this?

Was the purpose of the post to get positive reinforcement/ justification for excessive calorie intake?

That can reinforce the guilt and make it a bad spiral where you are always chasing calories.

Just log it and move on as if it didn't happen.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

She ate 1700 calories. She already goes to the gym regularly. How much extra exercise time would you have her punish herself with for her lunch with her sister?
  • FashionQueen86
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

Okay, I see this has kind of annoyed some people. I did something at the spur of the moment without thinking. I panicked. I sought for support, advice, and to actually learn some things, becuase I knew the forum would give me quick feedback. For example, I didn't know drinking lots of water can help with sodium. I had planned on doing some workouts at home, and then using a machine at the gym that helps burn off a lot of calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Log it, learn from it, and move on. One day going over isn't going to sabatoge you or make you a failure. It makes you human.

To avoid it in the future, learn from it. Why did you want the pizza today? Was there some kind of gathering involved? If so, don't worry about it. Did you just order it because you wanted it? If that's the case, why did you want it? Was it something you were craving, or you were just really hungry? If you're getting super hungry enough to want to eat a lot of pizza, you may have your calories set too low.

Regardless, it's not the end of the world. Learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes and move on.

This ^^

It's just a minor setback unless you let it become more. It's over. Move on.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

How in the world are you going to burn off 1700 calories in the gym? Even 700 is a stretch. When I overeat I don't really try to "go burn it off".
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

Okay, I see this has kind of annoyed some people. I did something at the spur of the moment without thinking. I panicked. I sought for support, advice, and to actually learn some things, becuase I knew the forum would give me quick feedback. For example, I didn't know drinking lots of water can help with sodium. I had planned on doing some workouts at home, and then using a machine at the gym that helps burn off a lot of calories.

OP, please don't feel like you have to punish yourself. You are perfectly fine in seeking help/feedback here. I agree with the majority of people- log it, don't beat yourself up, and move on. We all have been there, use it as a learning experience. You've got this!!
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm getting pizza Hut tonight...lol My issue are sweets and I run into this issue all the time. I either move on and start new the next day or I get up and move more to get back into the green (I have a Fitbit too). No worries girl, just start new tmrw and just plan ahead in the future.
  • Tedebearduff
    Options
    I feel terrible!!!!!

Not helpful ^^^^^^^

I'm not annoyed by you, I'm direct.. maybe to direct.. it was a question.

It's like you're saying "I stole a car and I feel terrible about it, but I'm going to keep it... when the logically (to me) thing to do would be to give it back and then you'd feel better. By give it back I am referring to working out.

Not 1 machine, multiple machines! you want to go and lift weights you'll burn more calories lifting weights then you would doing cardio.