Slowly slipping back into eating disorder habits..please help!

Options
For the past three years I have suffered from an eating disorder. This is my chance to actually be healthy and better myself but I'm starting to notice some of my old habits are coming back. For some reason I am always under my 1200 calorie goal, and most of the time I feel like I can't eat or I don't want to. I usually have to force myself to and even then I can't reach my calorie goals. I don't want this to control my life anymore. Can anyone give me any advice or support please? I would very much appreciate it.

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Are you getting any type of mental health counseling?
  • JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Are you getting any type of mental health counseling?
    No not at the moment I'm not. I can't qualify for health insurance anymore and counseling is too expensive for my family.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Talk to people around you.
    Accountability is KEY!

If you need to, go talk to your doctor.
    The problem is, you are going to want to start hiding the fact that you are doing this. Talk to someone NOW before you hide too much and it slips further.

Every eating disorder is different and is there for different reasons. Counseling is pretty much a must.
    If you feel you are starting to slide, it's because you are! Good job on catching it! But now it is the really hard part and seeing help NOW before it is too far.
  • elykt
    elykt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    Talk to people around you.
    Accountability is KEY!

If you need to, go talk to your doctor.
    The problem is, you are going to want to start hiding the fact that you are doing this. Talk to someone NOW before you hide too much and it slips further.

Every eating disorder is different and is there for different reasons. Counseling is pretty much a must.
    If you feel you are starting to slide, it's because you are! Good job on catching it! But now it is the really hard part and seeing help NOW before it is too far.

All of this is so important. Talk to people, family, friends, us on here. Make sure they know whats going on and can help you when you need it. Don't be afraid to be honest about it, thats the only way to fight it.
    If you can get counselling try, it can make such a big difference for mental stability.

Whatever it is you can fight it, and you can beat it. All you have to do is keep trying.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    If you don't work out, start. You'll be hungrier. I can't help on the rest of the issues.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your profile says that you have had this for years. I do not mean to sound like I am not compassionate, but you need to search for some sort of help. You cannot be turned down by a doctor.

Your family is aware of this as you stated you could get health insurance or counseling service.. Where is your family in all of this? Do you have any mentors, or friends, perhaps looking up ED services online or a free clinic in your area...

I am going to say this and I am not being snarky, you should not be counting calories on a free calorie counting app, you should not be seeking out advice about your health from strangers on a public internet forum.

There is help out there, you just need to look for it and find it. There are 800 numbers you can call there is someone in this area that can help you, you just got to want it.

• JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Your profile says that you have had this for years. I do not mean to sound like I am not compassionate, but you need to search for some sort of help. You cannot be turned down by a doctor.

Your family is aware of this as you stated you could get health insurance or counseling service.. Where is your family in all of this? Do you have any mentors, or friends, perhaps looking up ED services online or a free clinic in your area...

I am going to say this and I am not being snarky, you should not be counting calories on a free calorie counting app, you should not be seeking out advice about your health from strangers on a public internet forum.

There is help out there, you just need to look for it and find it. There are 800 numbers you can call there is someone in this area that can help you, you just got to want it.

Thank you for your concern. My family is not really a part of my life anymore as I have been living with my boyfriend. I'm too worried to mention anything to him though because he makes him feel like he is doing something wrong etc. it's more a hassle than anything.

I thought that in getting this app, it would help me reach how many calories i need because I am usually under and this just puts it into clearer perspective for me. It was kind of a big step for me as I have been making some effort to help myself. Before this past week I was almost 2 months clean and I was doing well. I figure this is just a bump along the way but I really have been trying. It's not that I don't want the help, I've been getting help for years and just nothing has seemed to work.