quest bar substitute

Options
Anyone try these? Im still looking for an healthier bar similar to quest bars!http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-protein-bars/

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    No, but where in the heck is all that fiber coming from? That's the most I've seen in any protein bar so far.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Newsflash: Julien bakery is one of the most untrustworthy sources of "healthy" foods out there:

http://low-carb-scams.com/the-bernie-madoff-of-the-low-carb-scam-artists/

Suggest you avoid any/all products they offer.
  • ellaJaeger
    ellaJaeger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Lara Bars. The ingredients are whole and readable. Also, the majority of the flavors are paleo.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Newsflash: Julien bakery is one of the most untrustworthy sources of "healthy" foods out there:

http://low-carb-scams.com/the-bernie-madoff-of-the-low-carb-scam-artists/

Suggest you avoid any/all products they offer.

Good to know lol
  • antennachick
    Options
    I dont necessary need paleo. I am just looking for high protien and high fiber and under 250 calories...without artificial sweeteners. Stevia is fine. I want to tey lions gate bars but I contactss the company about a few things and naver heard back so I dont know if its legit eithier :expressionless:
  • antennachick
    Options
    ellaJaeger wrote: »
    Try Lara Bars. The ingredients are whole and readable. Also, the majority of the flavors are paleo.

But they are super low in protien and fiber. I saw they have a protien one though so I could look into that, I just havent seen in stores around here
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Holy carp. Almost $36 per box? And I thought Quest bars were expensive...

(FWIW I usually wait for bodybuilding.com or vitaminshoppe.com to have a sale on Quest or a general discount code and stock up)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Good to know lol

No problemo. You might consider trying these:

http://www.ketobars.com/products/keto-bars-10-pack

They aren't super high in protein, but the ingredients are very "clean" and sweetened only with stevia. I find them tolerable. I would probably like them better if I was a fan of coconut, which I'm not. I know, I know...I'm strange (hangs head).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I dont necessary need paleo. I am just looking for high protien and high fiber and under 250 calories...without artificial sweeteners. Stevia is fine. I want to tey lions gate bars but I contactss the company about a few things and naver heard back so I dont know if its legit eithier :expressionless:

I contacted Lionswhatever protein place too and they still haven't responded!
  • antennachick
    Options
    Good to know lol

They aren't super high in protein, but the ingredients are very "clean" and sweetened only with stevia. I find them tolerable. I would probably like them better if I was a fan of coconut, which I'm not. I know, I know...I'm strange (hangs head).
    Im a big fan of coconut :)
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good to know lol

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Are the Quest bars just too expensive? I like them but wish they didn't cost so much.

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Try Oh Yeah One bars. Birthday cake is the bomb!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Also Trader Joes has Bounce energy balls. New there. Really good and lots of protein. Peanut Cacao is really good.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Quest bars were on sale the last time I shopped, new recipe
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try Oh Yeah One bars or B-Up bars. B-up has a giveaway on Saturdays on their Facebook page. They'll send you two free bars to try.
  • antennachick
    Options
    zbakrjc wrote: »
    Good to know lol

zbakrjc

Are the Quest bars just too expensive? I like them but wish they didn't cost so much.

Not a fan of the price or the ingredients (artificial sweeteners and corn fiber)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    No, but where in the heck is all that fiber coming from? That's the most I've seen in any protein bar so far.

Tapioca according to the site.

I fail to see the problem with Quest Bars nutrition wise.
    I fail to see how eating a prepackaged convenience food would be thought Paleo because of a label. Seems trying to much to have cake and eat it too. Either accept the science of nutrition and safety behind Quest or eat only whole foods free of most processing.
  • antennachick
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Tapioca according to the site.

Either accept the science of nutrition and safety behind Quest or eat only whole foods free of most processing.
    A bit of a confusing post....I asked for other protien bar suggestions not for just accept quest or eat your chicken lol I love quest bars and eat a half with my coffee a few times a week (instead of a cookie or something like that). I dont need "paleo" I just wanted a healthy ready to eat snack, for now its half a quest bar microwaved ;)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I thought that No Cow bars were pretty close to Quest Bars nutritionally and texturally speaking. I don't like the taste of either (both are gritty to me), but everyone else I know that has tried them loves them. They're vegan too, so they're great if you have dietary restrictions.