Have I really lost 4lbs in a day?

Options
Have I really lost 4lbs in a day or is it just water? Opinions?

Replies

• gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes probably just water/bloating going away. Don't let that put you off tho it's always good to have a really positive start. Now the real fun can begin!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate! When I'm unhappy with my scale, I like to weigh myself right after working out because I'm usually down 5lbs haha feels good even if it is just water!
  • lisay9
    lisay9 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yesterday morning I weighed 5lbs more than I did this morning and I ate under calories and exercised for 2 hours! Just shows why they say you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday!
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yeah the weight does fluctuate during the day by as much as 5lb i have found when i did and experiment one day lol so when i weigh in i try and think of it as a +/- 2lb this makes me feel better too as i think well in half an hour it may be 2lb lighter than this.
  • jgranger221
    Options
    Like others have said, it is possible. That is why it is important to weigh yourself at the same time each time you step on the scale. The general consensus is that you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom. One pint of water weighs one pound, plus the food you eat has weight. Even if you eat a pound of lettuce, you will be carrying that pound inside you until your body is done with it.

Keep up the great work!