Cheat or Treat?

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
I like to call them treats, not cheats. It's more positive, and they're usually pre-planned and controlled.

Replies

• sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Treats here too. Planned and worked into the diary ahead of time & enjoyed to the fullest.
    I pre plan/ pre log my meals, keeps me from ever going over.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yep, they're treats. My husband treated me to a dinner date tonight. Not cheating (that would be awkward :o lol).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't really use either, but treat makes more sense to me too.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It's a treat, or a splurge, not a cheat. I'm not cheating anyone or anything. :)
    I'm on a family vacation trip this weekend. I'm gonna have a lot of cardio next week to catch up, but it's worth it!
  • ericjonolsen
    ericjonolsen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie-downer, but we're not dogs - we shouldn't be rewarded with food.
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's a treat if you log it, a cheat if you don't.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie-downer, but we're not dogs - we shouldn't be rewarded with food.

So dogs are the only ones that can enjoy food? Food that sometimes doesn't fit in your calorie goals? My dog gets a bone for a treat. I had bbq rib tips, spicy mac n cheese and a glass of a Indy craft beer as my treat tonight
  • GTR86
    GTR86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether or not you're supplementing your diet with exercise and how committed you are to your goal .... I feel it's a cheat because I'm kicking my body out of ketosis and cheating myself. If I've been lifting, then I can afford to "treat" myself as a refeed.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Treat, but I still haven't figured out how to incorporate an occasional bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough. :wink:
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

Treat
    NOUN

1.an event or item that is out of the ordinary and gives great pleasure:
    "he wanted to take her to the movies as a treat"

Courtesy the Oxford Dictionary.

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options

Why?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I call it, "cheat," to all my friends in real life because they don't understand the big deal of calling something a cheat. I guess I don't either.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it's within my calories and/or I have it planned, then it's a treat. Otherwise it's a cheat.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I used to go by that...then I realized that, even though I am a people, I still like food, and rewarding myself with it makes me happy. So I'm going to.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

Treat
    NOUN

1.an event or item that is out of the ordinary and gives great pleasure:
    "he wanted to take her to the movies as a treat"

Courtesy the Oxford Dictionary.

+1
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Why?

I think it's actually a fair point. I'm sure that's how more than one of us gained the weight to begin with.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    SeanNJ wrote: »

Why?

I think it's actually a fair point. I'm sure that's how more than one of us gained the weight to begin with.

Well, anything done to excess can be bad. One could just as easily say no one should ever cut calories as that's how anorexia starts.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is such an integral part of my life, I don't call it anything. It just IS.

For other things, like birthday cake or bakery scones, I would call them treats.