Stuck...Just Stuck...

Options
I have lost about 77 pounds and am now stuck between 151 and 154. I would like to break this but it seems I just fluctuate between these numbers and have been doing so for months. It is rather fustrating. I have really been watching my over snacking and logging everything that I can. I just don't know where the break is.

I have switched from running 3-4 times a week to only running about 2-3 and I have switched from T25 to P90x3. So I am working out 5-7 days a week. I just can't seem to break the 150 mark. At this point I would just love to hit 150! But I am sure I will be up again tomorrow and will be at 155. I just don't understand it. And I am not losing inches. I have been keeping up with that also.

Someone Please HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Eat 100 calories less a day and weigh yourself every day, average every 7 and see if there's a downward trend.

Unfortunately as you get get smaller, you need less fuel. But you'll be less hungry!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome weight loss so far! Have you adjusted your intake? When you weigh less you need less calories.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The hard part is I feel hungry all the time. I guess I just need to watch it more. I fee physically hungry at times. It's a tough balance
  • queenliz99
    Options
    How's your protein and fat intake?
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're maintaining. So to lose more means either eating less or burning more through increased exercise (although it sounds like you have exercise pretty much covered!). I'd agree with the advice to try 100 cals less and see if that makes a difference.

Your photos are great by the way! It looks like you have a wonderful family and a very happy life together :)
  • 35pds2newme
    35pds2newme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein intake and that should help with your hunger and the recommended 100 calorie decrease.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    adreal wrote: »
    The hard part is I feel hungry all the time. I guess I just need to watch it more. I fee physically hungry at times. It's a tough balance

Yeah same boat here, hard to cut more because I'm so hungry. The only thing you can do is reduce the amount of not filling calories that you eat (for me it's things like chocolate, cookies, bread, rice).
  • 35pds2newme
    35pds2newme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also looking at your diary-- you may try increasing your calorie burn during exercise. The body needs more of a challenge once you hit a plateau.
  • thadhardin
    thadhardin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating very low carbs in the evening meal helps to kick me through a plateau. Eggs, grilled chicken, grass fed beef etc.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for the link to a documentary about food (but haven't found it yet) that included a section on what to eat to stave off hunger.

They fed two groups an identical meal of chicken, rice, (and I think a vegetable too?) and a glass of water. Except for the second group the meal was whizzed into a soup. The second group reported staying full for longer than the first group. I think the explanation was that although both groups took the same amount of time to digest the chicken and rice, the soup version kept the stomach fuller for longer and so the signals sent to the brain about needing more food were delayed.

Forgive my complete unsciency explanation! But thought I would throw it out there to those who feel hungry as something to try.
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 77 pounds and am now stuck between 151 and 154. I would like to break this but it seems I just fluctuate between these numbers and have been doing so for months. It is rather fustrating. I have really been watching my over snacking and logging everything that I can. I just don't know where the break is.

I have switched from running 3-4 times a week to only running about 2-3 and I have switched from T25 to P90x3. So I am working out 5-7 days a week. I just can't seem to break the 150 mark. At this point I would just love to hit 150! But I am sure I will be up again tomorrow and will be at 155. I just don't understand it. And I am not losing inches. I have been keeping up with that also.

Someone Please HELP!!!!!!!

I'm in the same boat and it is sooooo frustrating! It's taken me from LAST JUNE till this JANUARY to lose 26 pounds. It takes me 4 times longer than a normal person to lose 2 pounds. Partly because I have no thyroid and take meds to supplement but I still think somehow that is related. But now, I'm stuck at a place between 179.6 and 180.4. I read that if you lose 10% of your body weight and you get stuck, that you either have to reduce calories a bit MORE or exercise MORE (didn't we know that already but hate the thought). Ugh...I'm eating between 1200-1400 a day already. I'm pretty used to that, and that's how I live now, but now the treats I would give myself have to be gone now, too. My husband and I rejoined Silver Sneakers (for free) at the local gym. I hope this gets me over the hump. Good luck to you! Just know you are NOT ALONE. Hang in there!
  • lthur714
    Options

Try drinking water when you feel like you are hungry. Dehydration "feels" like hunger and it makes a difference for me.
  • lthur714
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    I've been looking for the link to a documentary about food (but haven't found it yet) that included a section on what to eat to stave off hunger.

They fed two groups an identical meal of chicken, rice, (and I think a vegetable too?) and a glass of water. Except for the second group the meal was whizzed into a soup. The second group reported staying full for longer than the first group. I think the explanation was that although both groups took the same amount of time to digest the chicken and rice, the soup version kept the stomach fuller for longer and so the signals sent to the brain about needing more food were delayed.

Forgive my complete unsciency explanation! But thought I would throw it out there to those who feel hungry as something to try.

I have heard that soup keeps you feel full longer. My thought on it is that somehow the hot liquid causes a fuller feeling in the stomach. Who cares why it works if it does - right?
  • lthur714
    Options
    thadhardin wrote: »
    I've found that eating very low carbs in the evening meal helps to kick me through a plateau. Eggs, grilled chicken, grass fed beef etc.

Thanks for the tip! I don't have a problem all day long but after I eat dinner -- that time between 7:00 and 9:30 just about kill me. That's when I would get a snack but I do need to try this for sure.
  • adreal
    Options
    I do have a thyroid and pcos...think that would have something to do with these last few pounds? I have it all under control though.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary. Are you leaving anything out? For example, on Friday you had a scrambled egg. Did you cook it in anything (butter? olive oil)? How did you cook that pork chop? Did you put anything on the bagel? On the broccoli?

Even small amounts of butter and oil add up. If you're using those things, make sure to count them.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 male 153 right now so a little different, but we don't eat that differently except I skip breakfast. When I looked at you diary I noticed you have a lot of entries you reuse. This isn't itself a problem but you could be getting calorie creep. I would suggest taking a few days where you weigh everything to recheck portion sizes. I try to do this every month so that I don't accidentally keep making them a little bigger over time.

For not feeling hungry I don't eat meat so I eat a lot of beans, peanut butter on toast or large salads with a bit of salsa just for volume. Also lots of water.
  • icspicthia
    icspicthia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is just my experience: I lost about 20 pounds of what I hoped would be a 35- to 40-pound weight loss. After losing that first 20 pounds I kept hovering around 155 pounds (at 5'3.5" height) and didn't budge much one way or the other over a year. Partly I was tired of logging and kept skipping or overdoing it. My answer was to take some time off from logging, a few months, just eat at maintenance and stick with my fitness habits - weights 3 times a week, a little bit of HIIT cardio, and hiking with friends or riding my bike when possible. It felt really good to take a break and just enjoy food and fitness with tracking. I didn't lose or gain over that time. Now I'm back at logging again, making slow progress on that last 15 pounds, and it feels fresh and achievable. I don't feel so stuck in a rut. I am glad I took the break.
  • adreal
    Options
    I try to weigh everything and in a food rut. I just don't know what to eat anymore. I find that if I don't eat enough protein I end up gaining weight. It is weird. I do use the spray olive oil but it doesn't have any calories. The seasoning I use on the chops is nothing. So it is tough to say where the creep is. It's just tough to point out. I just don't know.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Spray olive oil does have calories though.