Diet/Working Out

Options
What do you focus more. Watching your diet or how much you are working out a week. I focus more on my diet because you cannot outwork a diet regardless how much you work out. Your body is build in the kitchen. Working out is getting in shape for your body,watching what you eat will sculpt your body.

Replies

• rstarnes65
    rstarnes65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I work out 5-6 days a week and am struggling with weight loss. I know in my head it's more about the food and that's why I'm here, looking for thoughts, ideas and motivation !!
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Calories. Focus on the calories. Weigh every morsel that goes into your mouth and stick to your calorie deficit goal. Exercise is for cardiovascular fitness, calorie counting is for weight loss.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    Calories. Focus on the calories. Weigh every morsel that goes into your mouth and stick to your calorie deficit goal. Exercise is for cardiovascular fitness, calorie counting is for weight loss.

^^This. "Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym". Contrary to popular belief, exercise is not necessary for weight loss.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I know that eating at a deficit is the only thing that will result in weight loss because I've successfully lost weight doing just that. (Gained some of it back, however.) But my brain will just not accept that I don't have to exercise to lose weight. I dunno, maybe because I'm afraid I will lose too much LBM if I lose a pound a week without exercise. Maybe because I've told myself it's too hard to eat at a deficit if I can't eat back exercise calories. Or both. Regardless, when I'm not able to exercise (like now, recovering from a back strain), I can't find the motivation to log and eat at a deficit. Which makes me feel like a failure.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For me it is a combination of both. I need the workouts to get my calorie count high enough so that it is easier for me to hit all my macros and micros. I also love seeing myself getting fitter. But I agree that watching what you eat (weighing and logging) is also super important.
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with what's been said about diet. I workout on days that I'm going to be eating out/eating at my parents or friends etc as I can never be 100% accurate on calories then.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The ideal combination is to use both to create a calorie deficit.

A. You get to consume more.
    B. Regular exercise is good for health.