My Journey from XL to S (-30kg/60lbs)

Options
Good morning everyone! I posted this on reddit lose it a couple days ago to inspire anyone struggling but today I weighed myself and I'm now 78kg so I've hit another milestone :)

But the story goes... around 5 months ago I weighed 115KG (253lb?) and wore nothing but XL-XXL t-shirts/jackets and had a waist size of 38. A few days ago I decided to go into a clothing store and try on some new clothes for fun since I may be suffering from a case of phantom fat, to my surprise I can now fit into a size S and tried on some Slim 32s, although a bit tight my goal was to fit into them nicely (I may be closer now than when I posted this). And today I am officially 78kg, I had a goal set at 79kg by April but pretty much killed it :P so I may set it at 75kg by April.

I was consistent with my diet (went straight to 1200 through a muscle meal prep plan service, but now I cook my own meals at 1300) went to the gym 6 days a week (sometimes 7), I guess I went to the extreme, the more weight I lost the more motivated I became for progress. I bought plenty of clothes that were L, M and now they are now too big for me. I wouldn't say I wasted money as you need to reward yourself and feel good, tighter clothing makes the progress stand out. If you don't want to spend money go thrift shopping or the equivalent wherever you are :)

To be honest last year I took a blood test and it came out I was pre-diabetic Type 2, if I didn't change my ways I'd end up Type 2. I ignored this and ate whatever junk I wanted, I even went to Korea/Japan with a group of friends and drank everyday + ate thousands of calories partying away... When I returned I just switched on and became obsessed with bettering myself for the future.

Next week I'm going to re-take that blood test and see if things have changed, I guess wish me luck :) Just thought I'd share my story with the MFP community as it has helped me remain on track so far.

And for those who are interested about progress pics: http://imgur.com/N2ULCi1 (Korea > Change Room Couple Days Ago)

For those who are wondering I'm a 22M/5'5/SW:115kg CW:78kg GW:71-75(after lean muscle)

If anyone needs motivation, support, advice, whatever feel free to add me on MFP and message me I'm willing to help others since the journey sucks when you go at it alone!

Goodluck everyone, it's worth it :)
- Ezra

Replies

• going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good job you made it seem easier than I am finding it hope that you have as successful time maintaining
  • ReemaSulaiman
    ReemaSulaiman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :) you did great and hopefully i can do the same!
  • superezra
    superezra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job you made it seem easier than I am finding it hope that you have as successful time maintaining

Thank you, but I have a long way to go before maintaining.

And it wasn't easier if I made it sound that way, it takes a lot of will power and dedication. Watching everyone else eat junk food, especially over the holidays, if you're not strong minded you will need friends who won't encourage you to have that sip of alcohol... or just a piece of this burger, some fries etc. Once you are at the stage where junk food makes you sick (and you can feel the difference from fresh healthy food), you see numbers when looking at restaurant menus, shopping for groceries, it all becomes much easier :)
    Thanks for sharing :) you did great and hopefully i can do the same!

I wish you all the best of luck ! Anyone can achieve their goal if they're consistent and patient for results to eventually show. Don't go into it expecting things immediately or you'll burn yourself out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!