Hardest Area for You?

Options
So just curious which part of your bodies are the last to lose that extra bit of fat?

For me it's the lower belly. Starting to get more lean but the stubborn lower belly fat is trying hard to make permanent residence! :)

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Lower belly but I think this is the most common hardest area for most people. When it comes to belly fat I think the biggest thing you have to keep in mind is patience. It doesn't happen as fast as we would like.

This thread helps keep my head in the game:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Thighs and butt. And when I started bulking it took about NO TIME for them to gain back lol.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Upper arms! I lost about 50lbs and hardly any of that came off my upper arms.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My obliques.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly pear-shaped. So everything between my belly button and my knees is just a nightmare.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm terribly pear-shaped. So everything between my belly button and my knees is just a nightmare.

That's how I felt too! When I started MFP I was 34-29-44! My thighs were huge and everything was cellulite-y.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd say lower belly and hips... I have loose skin too so it's a mix of both at this point but the skin makes it look 10x worse :(
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That's how I felt too! When I started MFP I was 34-29-44! My thighs were huge and everything was cellulite-y.

Wow! That's very inspiring for me, considering how fabulous you look now. :)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    lower belly, def - 3 kids (bless them) - and I must be screwing up with my weightlifting, because I have a tendency to be big up top anyway, and lately (been lifting a lot) I don't have enough definition between my deltoids and my biceps. I just look too heavy when I'm not flexing. :(
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I gain everywhere, so I lose everywhere. I'm happiest that I've gone from a 38 D7 bra to a 36 D3, but don't think my next 20 lbs will show such dramatic loss there because I wore that size at 13 years old when I was already 5'11" and only weighed 145 and believed I was fat.

Can I go back in time and slap that girl silly?

If I compared myself to everyone else if say huge thighs too, but that's a consequence of the hourglass figure and honestly probably the safest place in the body to hang onto fast is the butt and thighs. They look in proportion even if they make skinny jeans a trial.

I currently am down to 188 from 270 and my tummy is pretty flat.

I'd be really happy with anything at this point though. I think I'm just ecstatic to be getting back the me who could do things.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    My upper belly, between my belly button and bra band. Can't get that area any smaller unless I want to be a stick insect. Flared ribs don't help.

Cheers, h.
  • arditarose
    Options

Wow! That's very inspiring for me, considering how fabulous you look now. :)

muah! thank you. things definitely evened out after a decent amount of weight lost
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Inner thighs bug me the most, I guess.

Maybe we should think about which body bits we like the most, though, rather than dwelling on the negative. After all, my thighs might be jigglier than I'd like, but they hold me up, let me walk-run-bend down.... My body works well and I'm healthy. We need to be happy with our bodies, too.
  • arditarose
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »

Maybe we should think about which body bits we like the most, though, rather than dwelling on the negative. After all, my thighs might be jigglier than I'd like, but they hold me up, let me walk-run-bend down.... My body works well and I'm healthy. We need to be happy with our bodies, too.

The question was which part of your body is the last to lose fat, not which part of your body to you like the least.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My arms.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »

The question was which part of your body is the last to lose fat, not which part of your body to you like the least.

True. Certainly shows that my self image is a disaster.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Thighs are the hardest for me. My boobs went very, very quickly though.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great responses all! :) Interesting to see how we all have different body parts that prove to be the most difficult.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    Abdomen, inner thighs, and this odd spot at the top outer "corner" of my pelvic bones (outer top of butt). Still have some fat there at 5'5"/122lbs.

Upper body is looking pretty skinny (muscles show!), lower still a little padded, but since I'm health-motivated, not appearance-motivated, I'm Just Fine with all that. Heading into maintenance around current weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My stomach. I'm not always sure what people mean by lower belly so I'm just going to say stomach.