I can't not eat the right things today

Options
I really need motivation to eat the right proportions and foods....ugh I blew it today!

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    It's oh-so-easy to blow it, but you know that you can't give up. This is a long haul proposition. You must take the missteps and mistakes (and all out catastrophes) and mentally cast them aside. Did you log your day? Make sure to do that. Not for shame, for accountability. Later on you'll be able to see how far you've come.

I note that you've recently had surgery and are reentering exercise. That's great, but you do know that weight loss happens w/ food. Meticulous logging and staying under your calorie goal are what's going to give you success.

So keep going!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Take it a meal at a time and just keep moving.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    It isn't how many times we fall down that matters, it is how many times we get back up.
    My old high school football coach always said something that can really apply to weight loss.
    "It isn't a sin to get blocked, it is a sin to stay blocked."
    We all get blocked at times, but you have to work through it and keep working until you are past the block.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you mean. I had bad weeks with days where i wasnt able to stop myself eating. It took logging everything for a few days and getting on the scale to stop myself (and trying my new pants on that i bought when i hit lowest weight so far and realizing i looked like a muffin). But i agree with the others: accept it and move on. Try to get a healthy meal in or take a extra walk, you will get back on track!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't really need motivation, just decide to do what you want to do, and do it.

There isn't ONE right way of eating, or right or wrong foods. Lots of foods can be combined into healthy diets is an indefinite number of ways. Get your calories right, first. Is your goal set correctly? Look at your macronutrients. Are you getting enough fat and protein? Then work with the finer details. Are you eating food you like? Some fruit and vegetables every day? Fish or meat? Grains, dairy, nuts?
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd just focus on meeting your daily caloric intake first. And looking at foods as "right" or "wrong", "good" or "bad" makes this weight loss thing unnecessarily more difficult than it has to be. Eat what you would normally eat, only less of it.