French Fries

Options
They are the devil and I can't stay away from them. I've been on this site since July and have lost 38lbs. But, here I am having Arby's curly fries 2 days in a row. Am I NUTS!?

CURLY FRIES, people! It's like I haven't even been paying attention! I managed to lose 3lbs over Thanksgiving and Christmas and now I can't keep my little fingers away from fries.

Sorry, just venting out of my self induced frustration!

Replies

• Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    They are the devil and I can't stay away from them. I've been on this site since July and have lost 38lbs. But, here I am having Arby's curly fries 2 days in a row. Am I NUTS!?

CURLY FRIES, people! It's like I haven't even been paying attention! I managed to lose 3lbs over Thanksgiving and Christmas and now I can't keep my little fingers away from fries.

Sorry, just venting out of my self induced frustration!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    make your own !!!!!!!!

cut up potatoes in shape of fries,, boil for 2-3 min,
    cover with olive oil (i put about 1 tbsp of oil for 2 servings,, there is always oil at the bottom...)
    you can add thyme, a bit of cayen pepper to spice it up..
    cook in the over for about 15min of until golden

very yummy,
  • Lauren882
    Options
    If you've lost 65lbs and you're eating fries, homemade even, then you're my hero!
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    yup. make your own. so yummy and more potato taste to your french fries. here's what I do

cut the fries nice and thick (i like potato-y fries) i par-boil them (still firm but not hard. they shouldn't be completly cooked just soft white color)

drain and lay them out to dry off a bit. I coat mine in 2 tabelspoons flour with salt,pepper,garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder.

bake in a 400* oven flip when the tops get brown. voila crunchy fries
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    OMG i loooooooooooooooooooooove fries! They are soooooooooooo good!!! i am mad that i even opened this post cuz now i want some......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......i couldnt resist though, i saw the words.....FRECH FRIES and bam here i am! we should get together and make the best recipe ever....if we can make a 1/2 calorie fry, and sell them to the fast food chains we would TOTALLY be worth like a billion each!!! LMAO!! Good luck resisting....i have decided that fries are just my weakness and i will run an extra mile a day just so i can have a small from Mickey D's :laugh:
  • Lauren882
    Options
    I'm in! Let me know when you want to discuss seasoning options for our New Low Calorie Fry :tongue:
  • furrflys
    Options
    you had me at french fries
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    There is a great recipe for french fries in the recipe database on here. They come out really crispy even though they are..... baked. :flowerforyou: :happy: :tongue: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Power
    Power Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you had me at french fries

i fell down.... no seriously, that was funny!

put down the fries... step away from the fries... :noway:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Arby's curly fries ROCK! :heart: :love:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    try making homeade sweet potato fries....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:tongue:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    And sweet potatoe chips! To yummy!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 65lbs and you're eating fries, homemade even, then you're my hero!

ho yeah .. cant just cut out the fav stuff.... i eat burger and fries at least once a week !!
    of course,, the burger is on wholemeal bread... with a vegetarian patty (love them !) with tomato chutney,, ill add cheese if i have the calories..

i have pizza on tortillas. those are really yummy

i eat chocolate,,, maybe just a square but still yummy ,, you learn to apreciate your food
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I feel like a weirdo lol...I hate french fries :blushing:
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...and if like me you're too lazy to make your own...Weightwatcher's oven chips are quite good- 3g Fat per 100g not sure about calories but think its about 150 per 100g.

Had some tonight...yum yum.

Do you have weight watchers in the US?
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Teehee, I make 'em out of butternut squash. It's one of Hungry Girl's recipes. I can have a big serving for around 70 calories. They taste like sweet potatoes.
  • LeahNicRN
    Options
    I've made this recipe before & it's great! :) I just wish I could figure out a quicker way to cut up the squash! Maybe a better knife...but I love Hungry Girls.