I feel amazing!.. then I look in the mirror :)

Options

Replies

• jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    I've felt like that for years! I'd diet, feel great on the inside...look in the mirror and see no change what-so-ever. I hated it. And it still happens to me. I've got a lot of weight to loose, and I've only been at this for about 3 weeks. 13 pounds is a good start, but it feels like a whole lot more on the inside. We just need to stick with it. Sooner or later that beautiful, thin, healthy woman will be on the outside too!

jackie
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I feel that way too sometimes. Then I look at a photo of what I USED to look like and think about how uncomfortable I was ALL the time and I realize that I may have a ways to go yet.. but I've also come a long way Baby!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Make a point to have a date with a friend you haven't seen in awhile .They will be sure to notice your changes :) We see ourselves EVERY day! So of course we're never gonna notice when things happen. When you reach your goal you mgiht even feel the same way! It takes before and after pics to really put it in perspective!

Except if your friends don't notice :(

I was down 20 lbs and my friends didn't seem to notice at all last week (kinda sad)...
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Oh totally get the OP. I have days when I'm like are you kidding me? I still have so far to go. Have I even lost anything?
    I have days when I'm like look I can fit into this and that which I haven't worn in years.
    I guess this is why they call it a journey, it's like a rollercoaster and sometimes you're up and other days down, but NEVER forget how far you have come and how near that peak is (goal) and then after that comes the release of yay look at me and what I have achieved and everyone is screaming in delight.
    Life is a rollercoaster and you just gotta ride it!
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    "i feel amazing!.. then i look in the mirror" to " i feel amazing, WHEN i look in the mirror :)

Yes I've watched Super why! haha! i have 6 kiddos and they love that one lol... Thanks for that! That's actually a pretty good idea! I do always tend to see the negative on things, and especially about myself.. it's a very bad habit! Exactly why my goals are to overall better myself: spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally... thanks for this reminder!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I always feel like this. Even after all the weight I've lost I still see a girl that weighs over 300lbs in the mirror.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way--I've lost almost 30 lbs--I still wear the same size--I have noticed that I look different, not as puffy, more narrow in the waist--I wonder if it is because I've said I won't buy any new clothes untill I can buy a smaller size...or two. Some people say they notice, but not as many as I thought would--I'm proud of the work I've done and will continue working toward my goals. I had quite a bit of weight to lose & I hope I can start to see more results--I feel better & I think that is beginning to show on the outside!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I feel that way all the time. I have to constantly look at my progress pictures to see the big picture. My husband compliments me a lot like "stop being so sexy...". Love that stuff!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    ALL THE FLIPPIN TIME!!!!!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Stick a picture of you at your biggest on the mirror. Then you will see the improvement which will make you proud :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? I'm exercising better than ever and eating healthier than ever, the pounds are coming off! But every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the one full length mirror we have (which i usually try to avoid) and I'll just think, "eww, is that really me? aren't i that beautiful, lean healthy chick that i feel like when i'm jogging or eating my salads?" Urgh!!!

Yeah it's difficult. You sound like you're doing a great job, just stay positive, stay focused, and you'll get to where you want to be sooner than you realize.
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    I understand! I think I'm thinner - I'm actually haven't lost any weight - but I've been trying to improve my self image. I was taking burlesque dancing because I wanted to feel "hot". I got to where I did. I felt sexy!! As long as my eyes were closed. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the wall of mirrors, I was crushed and disgusted. Rather than boosting my confidence and self esteem I was getting more depressed. I quit. Now I think that my body has to be changing with the exercise I've been doing. I saw pictures from the race on Sunday and I worked my magic on some cropping. I'm rarely in pictures b/c of my weight and that makes me sad. I always say "If there is a picture of it, then that's proof that I was there". In my mind I was doing great - even if the scale wasn't changing... I felt better. Then yesterday I realized the numbers that I put in my body and realized that on my own I'm losing this battle. Today is day 1. I'm ready to go!!!
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    hmm, i was going to take my first progress pics after i hit 20..maybe i'll go ahead and just take a couple shots after 15.. just to see if there's anything noticeable! ;)
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You are speaking my language!!!

I recently realized that I am still wearing the clothes that fit me 30+ pounds ago and they definitely make me look bigger than what I am now. I have one shirt that I can literally wrap around my body twice and I still wear it to work!!!!

So, went out and bought myself a new pair of shorts and I felt great. Then I turned around and looked in the mirror at the back of my legs and I was like "eewwww......those aren't my legs STILL!!!!".

I am convincing myself it comes with time. And I am focusing on the positives that I am seeing, and yes, if you look hard enough you will see them in yourself too :-)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    hmm, i was going to take my first progress pics after i hit 20..maybe i'll go ahead and just take a couple shots after 15.. just to see if there's anything noticeable! ;)

Be sure to share them here... others are able to notice changes much better then we can ourselves.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I don't think we'll ever drop the weight we want to fast enough. I felt great, then got professional photos taken for Father's Day. My dad looks and says, look how much lighter you are since HS sweetie. I look and think look how much heavier i am since last summer. . .
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You know I was just thinking about this the other day. I used to do that very same thing. Every day!!! Until one day I noticed how my body was changing. First it was my collarbone popping out. I seriously thought something was wrong because I'd never seen it before. Then I noticed the strength and tone in my legs. So I said to myself "dag I'm really doing this" And since I put put into action Romans 12:2 'Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind' I don't say those mean things to myself. I admire the gorgeous legs, the deflating in my tummy area, my amazing backside. I've learned to love me in the skin I'm in. That doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that I've still got work to do, I just appreciate the journey.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I look at old pictures of myself 40 pounds heavier, and then look in the mirror and I feel like I look exactly the same. EVEN THOUGH, all my friends say I'm looking great, and I see people I haven't seen in awhile and they don't even recognize me. It's a bad brain thing for me. I can't wrap my head around the fact that i've changed, and this is a permanent change.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    What you're feeling when you make those great choices to exercise and eat well is a little gift, a glimpse of your future self. You are getting a preview of how you will look and feel all the time in the future. :) You may not be all the way there yet, but you are on the journey.

Sometimes it's difficult to be patient, but if you keep going and keep making those great choices, you will get there. In August I will have been on this journey for two years. I'm not at my goal yet, but I'm getting closer, and eventually I will get there. You can, and will, reach your goals too. Just keep going each day.
  • kdudz
    kdudz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep being positive and don't let negative thoughts get in and get you down.

Everyone has the same experience... looking in the mirror and not liking what they see. You're on a great path. Keep it up!