Protein bars weight gain weight loss

Options

Replies

• svornov
    svornov Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are young and seemingly slender. Just looking at your face tells me your BMI is in line.

Anyway, you're only looking at 2,400 calories and for a person of your age that won't break the bank.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. That's a ton of fiber
    Holy crap is right lol
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    oned34563 wrote: »
    Holy crap. That's a ton of fiber
    Is that bad
    Usually fiber around 35 grams is recommended...and quest bars have like 14-20 grams per bar so yeah thats a ton on fiber! Are you in pain? Drink alot of water :p
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Surprise! I think it would be better to heat healthy unprocessed foods in proper portions! Learning to shop and cook for yourself is very helpful in that regard.

As for a protein-bar diet, I can't imagine much will go wrong. You can always change tomorrow. There are a lot of days in a lifetime. (Maybe even 36,500, if you treat yourself well.)

Plus, I heard a story from a guy that went camping for several days and ate mostly GU energy gel. He survived, and that's got to be worse!
  • boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lol is this a joke? You should write a letter to the Quest Bar company and tell them your story. They might even sponsor you for that.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and a teaspoon of olive oil. And wait it out. You can't undo once done. Water under the bridge. Write down all the consequences and read it the next time you are tempted.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Four threads on the same subject over the past week ... three in the past half hour.

The answers remain the same ... if the calories you consumed were more than your TDEE, you will gain. If they were less than your TDEE, you won't.
    Four threads on the same subject over the past week ... three in the past half hour.

The answers remain the same ... if the calories you consumed were more than your TDEE, you will gain. If they were less than your TDEE, you won't.

If 3000 calories is over your tdee then yes you will gain weight. I assume that's not the only thing you ate today?

This actually was all I consumed that day! And today I had 8 protein bars (quest bars mainly) and had like no food

Why???

• Christine_72
    Options

If 3000 calories is over your tdee then yes you will gain weight. I assume that's not the only thing you ate today?

This actually was all I consumed that day! And today I had 8 protein bars (quest bars mainly) and had like no food

Why???

Because I have the mentality that protein bars will help me lose weight :(

They have no magical weight loss properties. Protein bars are just an easy way to get in your protein needs. Eat whatever you want within the calories MFP has given you.. Simples.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Anyways to lose a lot of weight fast?

None that are healthy or supported by this site
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Snap out of it.