Meal replacement shakes?

Options
Does anyone have recommendations for meal replacement shakes that they like? I'm hoping for a shake with protein since I need more of that in my diet. Also looking for a shake that is fulfilling and easy to whip up on the go. I'm wanting to try using this method for weight loss - I'm looking to lose 15 lbs or so. Thank you!

Replies

• markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It worked for me in the past. I lost about 20lbs in 3 weeks a few years back. I had a shake for breakfast, lunch and low carb fish and vege type meal for dinner. Did a little bit of walking for exercise but didn't go crazy. I am back on it this week as a matter of fact, just trying to get through the first 4-5 days is key. :)
  • mslavery
    mslavery Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love soylent 2.0. Been on it since november. Lost 40lbs now, its pretty neutral tasting and easy because its bottles already so you dont have to whip it up!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    mslavery wrote: »
    I love soylent 2.0. Been on it since november. Lost 40lbs now, its pretty neutral tasting and easy because its bottles already so you dont have to whip it up!

Seriously -Soylent 2.0?? I saw this film many years ago, that would put me off! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/

PS I also don't like shakes generally, although I know a lot of people use them. I would suggest you read the fine print on the nutritional panel, one my workmate was using turned out to have a LOT of sugar.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lean 1 from Nutrition 53. Best tasting meal replacement on the market, low sugar, plenty fruits and veggies, decent on carbs, good protein.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    mslavery wrote: »

Seriously -Soylent 2.0?? I saw this film many years ago, that would put me off! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/

PS I also don't like shakes generally, although I know a lot of people use them. I would suggest you read the fine print on the nutritional panel, one my workmate was using turned out to have a LOT of sugar.

Obviously they use the film title to garner publicity.

That's actually why soylent is better than ensure or slimfast I think, no added sugar. Gives you a really balanced amount of carbs, protein and fat along with all the vitamins/minerals you need. I consume Super Body Fuel shakes which are really similar to the soylent powder version just with different taste/macro options.
  • erinkarner4
    erinkarner4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!

• tabithawilkes
    tabithawilkes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I grab an advocare shake each morning as I run out the door. I stared the shakes not because I wanted a meal replacement but because I wanted to up my protein. It contains 24 grams.