Men's success stories with pics

Options
Hi everyone, it is really inspiring to see all those success stories! It would be awesome to have more Men's success stories, so how about if you post yours with pictures on this one?
Cheers!

Replies

• Fattonz
    Fattonz Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

May 2015 208lbs - Feb 2016 152lbs, 41 years old:

kk7wae2ygdbq.jpg

if5bo1mcb07t.jpg

wjmadwdiphgp.jpg

osgwciz6cogt.jpg

ftqlrcaj6kzk.jpg

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fattonz wrote: »

kk7wae2ygdbq.jpg

if5bo1mcb07t.jpg

wjmadwdiphgp.jpg

osgwciz6cogt.jpg

ftqlrcaj6kzk.jpg

Great job. How tall are you?
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

kk7wae2ygdbq.jpg

if5bo1mcb07t.jpg

wjmadwdiphgp.jpg

osgwciz6cogt.jpg

ftqlrcaj6kzk.jpg

Omg!!!! You, sir looks amazing!! Strong and fit. I Iike how you meal prep and have it ready to go!! Do you mind if I ask about your workout routines? Are those meals your lunch/dinner....what are your breakfast like, how many calories a day? Keep up the great job!! My hubby is motivated by these pics as well.

OP, this is a great thread you started. Man need motivational pictures too. We see a lot of women posts and this is great for the gents as well.
  • Fattonz
    edited February 2016
    Options
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »

Great job. How tall are you?

Thanks! I'm 5'-7".
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fantastic dude, looking great. Really is inspirational, what a difference a year makes.
  • Fattonz
    edited February 2016
    Options

Omg!!!! You, sir looks amazing!! Strong and fit. I Iike how you meal prep and have it ready to go!! Do you mind if I ask about your workout routines? Are those meals your lunch/dinner....what are your breakfast like, how many calories a day? Keep up the great job!! My hubby is motivated by these pics as well.

OP, this is a great thread you started. Man need motivational pictures too. We see a lot of women posts and this is great for the gents as well.

Hi, and thanks for the comments. For breakfast I normally eat 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 or even 1 cup of oats, and one cup of frozen fruit mixed into the oats and sweetened with stevia. Sometimes I top the oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I currently eat around 3000 calories a day, but stuck to 2000-2400 through most of my weight loss. I eat five meals a day and those meals that I have prepared in the pictures can be breakfast, lunch, snack, or supper....whatever is convenient. I eat pretty clean now, but during the first six months of my journey I indulged in moderation as I desired.

I am going to be lazy and copy and paste this advice that I recently wrote to someone in a PM when they asked about my nutrition and exercise routines:

"I don't really follow any particular meal plan, but I count calories and macro nutrients. I eat five meals per day. I eat in around 3000 calories a day at the moment, and target a 45/35/20 macro ratio (45% of daily calories from Carb/35% from protein/20% from fat). I eat very clean 95% of the time. Protein choices are egg, egg whites, chicken, lean pork, lean beef, fish, canned tuna or salmon, vegetarian protein sources and whey isolate. Complex carb choices are usually oats, sweet potato, potato, rice, quinoa, pasta and 100% whole wheat bread. Simple carbs....fruit or veg.

To track progress I take measurements and use the scale. Once a week I weigh in, as well as measure circumference of chest, waist, bicep, and thigh. I also measure body fat % once a week using skin fold caliper and a three site measuring method (pec, ab, thigh). In my opinion this is the only reliable means of gauging progress as far as fat loss and lean muscle gains. I can then adjust my calorie intake accordingly.

For exercise I use the following five day split:

- day 1. Legs/abs

- day 2. Chest

- day 3. Back/abs

- day 4. Rest

- day 5. Shoulders/abs

- day 6. Arms

- day 7. Rest

I don't care what day of the week any particular muscle group falls on or when the cycle starts. I have certain rules like not working out on a first day shift, although if I feel like it I will. So in other words I just loosely follow the 5 day split in and around my working days/ days off. Sometimes it may take me 9 days instead of 7 to complete the 5 day split but I just keep cycling through it, week after week, and that way, over time I hit the entire body evenly. Sometimes your work might keep you out of the gym a few days, but no big deal, just pick back up where you left off whenever life allows. I like the five day split because yes it does mean more trips to the gym during the week vs a three or four day split, but it results in less volume per day. So that means if I'm not doing cardio, most days I can be in and out of the gym in under 40 minutes.

I have a huge list of exercises that I like for each muscle. On any given day I will usually select 4 exercises for the muscle. Then I'll do four sets of each exercise for a total of 16 sets. Always tons of intensity, and always train to or past failure. I keep all my sets in the 8-12 rep range for upper body and 16-20 rep range for legs. The last rep should feel like you're trying to lift a truck. If I can do 14 reps I'll select a heavier weight and conversely, if I can only do say 5 reps, I pick a lighter weight to get me back into that failure within 8-12 reps range. Sometimes at the end of the last set I'll immediately drop the weight and pump out those last few reps until the muscle is so utterly shocked I can literally lift no more. For example on dumbbell biceps curls I will sometimes keep dropping the weight, no rest in between, just keep grabbing smaller weights all the way down until I can't even complete one rep with a 10lb dumbell....lol. I like supersetting, say biceps with triceps, or calves with quads, etc.... Oh, and I am big on proper form, slow and controlled, full extension, full hard contraction, always slow so you get the negative part of the movement with max time under tension... Also, change up your exercises from week to week to keep your muscles guessing and to help keep things interesting and not grow stagnant and boring.

There are two guys I really like on Youtube who seem to cut through all the fitness myths and misconceptions. They are both natural, no roids....and old school. One guy is Jeff Cavaliere with Athlean-X and the other guy is named simply Scooby. Check them out, they advocate good stuff IMHO.

Don't feel like you need to be tied down to a precise schedule. Stay flexible and keep an open mind and you should be able to find something that works for you."
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    At around 171lbs lost now.

p0ielo546s1z.jpeg
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    wxq3g29ihoe6.jpg
    235 - 1/14
    185 - 5/14
    182 - 8/14
    192 - 1/15
    168 - 5/15
  • IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options

kk7wae2ygdbq.jpg

if5bo1mcb07t.jpg

wjmadwdiphgp.jpg

osgwciz6cogt.jpg

ftqlrcaj6kzk.jpg

Hi, and thanks for the comments. For breakfast I normally eat 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 or even 1 cup of oats, and one cup of frozen fruit mixed into the oats and sweetened with stevia. Sometimes I top the oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I currently eat around 3000 calories a day, but stuck to 2000-2400 through most of my weight loss. I eat five meals a day and those meals that I have prepared in the pictures can be breakfast, lunch, snack, or supper....whatever is convenient. I eat pretty clean now, but during the first six months of my journey I indulged in moderation as I desired.

I am going to be lazy and copy and paste this advice that I recently wrote to someone in a PM when they asked about my nutrition and exercise routines:

"I don't really follow any particular meal plan, but I count calories and macro nutrients. I eat five meals per day. I eat in around 3000 calories a day at the moment, and target a 45/35/20 macro ratio (45% of daily calories from Carb/35% from protein/20% from fat). I eat very clean 95% of the time. Protein choices are egg, egg whites, chicken, lean pork, lean beef, fish, canned tuna or salmon, vegetarian protein sources and whey isolate. Complex carb choices are usually oats, sweet potato, potato, rice, quinoa, pasta and 100% whole wheat bread. Simple carbs....fruit or veg.

To track progress I take measurements and use the scale. Once a week I weigh in, as well as measure circumference of chest, waist, bicep, and thigh. I also measure body fat % once a week using skin fold caliper and a three site measuring method (pec, ab, thigh). In my opinion this is the only reliable means of gauging progress as far as fat loss and lean muscle gains. I can then adjust my calorie intake accordingly.

For exercise I use the following five day split:

- day 1. Legs/abs

- day 2. Chest

- day 3. Back/abs

- day 4. Rest

- day 5. Shoulders/abs

- day 6. Arms

- day 7. Rest

I don't care what day of the week any particular muscle group falls on or when the cycle starts. I have certain rules like not working out on a first day shift, although if I feel like it I will. So in other words I just loosely follow the 5 day split in and around my working days/ days off. Sometimes it may take me 9 days instead of 7 to complete the 5 day split but I just keep cycling through it, week after week, and that way, over time I hit the entire body evenly. Sometimes your work might keep you out of the gym a few days, but no big deal, just pick back up where you left off whenever life allows. I like the five day split because yes it does mean more trips to the gym during the week vs a three or four day split, but it results in less volume per day. So that means if I'm not doing cardio, most days I can be in and out of the gym in under 40 minutes.

I have a huge list of exercises that I like for each muscle. On any given day I will usually select 4 exercises for the muscle. Then I'll do four sets of each exercise for a total of 16 sets. Always tons of intensity, and always train to or past failure. I keep all my sets in the 8-12 rep range for upper body and 16-20 rep range for legs. The last rep should feel like you're trying to lift a truck. If I can do 14 reps I'll select a heavier weight and conversely, if I can only do say 5 reps, I pick a lighter weight to get me back into that failure within 8-12 reps range. Sometimes at the end of the last set I'll immediately drop the weight and pump out those last few reps until the muscle is so utterly shocked I can literally lift no more. For example on dumbbell biceps curls I will sometimes keep dropping the weight, no rest in between, just keep grabbing smaller weights all the way down until I can't even complete one rep with a 10lb dumbell....lol. I like supersetting, say biceps with triceps, or calves with quads, etc.... Oh, and I am big on proper form, slow and controlled, full extension, full hard contraction, always slow so you get the negative part of the movement with max time under tension... Also, change up your exercises from week to week to keep your muscles guessing and to help keep things interesting and not grow stagnant and boring.

There are two guys I really like on Youtube who seem to cut through all the fitness myths and misconceptions. They are both natural, no roids....and old school. One guy is Jeff Cavaliere with Athlean-X and the other guy is named simply Scooby. Check them out, they advocate good stuff IMHO.

Don't feel like you need to be tied down to a precise schedule. Stay flexible and keep an open mind and you should be able to find something that works for you."

This is awesome
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    At around 171lbs lost now.

p0ielo546s1z.jpeg
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    wxq3g29ihoe6.jpg
    235 - 1/14
    185 - 5/14
    182 - 8/14
    192 - 1/15
    168 - 5/15

Amazing work, both of you!
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and after. I've lost 85+ lbs and am trying to get another 10-15 down before attempting my first ever bulk.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!