What's a very filling breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me to the egg bandwagon too. A hard boiled egg, some fruit, and coffee will tide me over for a few hours. One day I forgot the egg but had everything else (including more food), but I was starving after a couple hours. The protein from the egg was essential.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    There's honestly nothing that will keep me full for longer than 3/4 hours... unless I eat like 800 calories of filling foods.

My most filling options are eggs, bacon, and refried beans.. or steel cut oats (cooked in almond milk) with protein powder and almond butter. Both around 350-400 calories and I'm typically starving 4 hours later.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Even though I really am not a lo-carb eater anymore, I buy Carbquik baking mix, which is a very high-fiber, high-protein baking mix (obviously a Bisquik clone) which tends to be somewhat lower in calories. I make it into waffles (of course subbing out the eggs for egg whites, milk for nonfat milk, etc.), drizzle it with no-cal or low-cal syrup, and I'm filled up for hours.
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    localgrr wrote: »
    I just use the frozen shredded potatoes, season and bake them to skip the excess oil.
    I'm not actually vegan but try it whenever I can. This sounds great ! Is this shredded potato you've frozen yourself ? How do they stick together? Thanks

I am too lazy to do shred and freeze them myself most of the time. Usually they are just the frozen hash brows from the frozen food section. most brands have no other ingredients but potatoes. and there are usually more than one organic brand in my store if you only want organic.

They do not stick together unless you cook them in a pan with some oil. And even then, they will fall apart on you. Its not really a potato cake, the result is more of a breakfast hash of loose potato and the sweet peppers. You will also need to have more than the amount you would have as a side dish since this is your main meal. I would guess I use about 2-3 cups of frozen hash browns to start with. And before I transitioned to vegan I used to throw a little cheese on at the end. But now dairy products just gross me out so no dairy for me.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I scramble one egg with egg whites, low fat cream cheese, mushrooms and spinach, then season. Sometimes I crumble turkey bacon on top or have it on the side.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    I scramble one egg with egg whites, low fat cream cheese, mushrooms and spinach, then season. Sometimes I crumble turkey bacon on top or have it on the side.

This sounds delish.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Even though I really am not a lo-carb eater anymore, I buy Carbquik baking mix, which is a very high-fiber, high-protein baking mix (obviously a Bisquik clone) which tends to be somewhat lower in calories. I make it into waffles (of course subbing out the eggs for egg whites, milk for nonfat milk, etc.), drizzle it with no-cal or low-cal syrup, and I'm filled up for hours.

In the same idea, I buy Kodiak Power Cakes, make two big pancakes (just with water), then put some cheese and deli ham inside and a fried egg on top. It's delish and pretty filling (but again, 3/4 hours tops for me)... around 400 calories again. I don't care for that mix with sweet toppings but it's just delicious with savory stuff... tastes like a savory crepe to me.
  • tashadelima
    tashadelima Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    During the work week I normally have an English muffin with 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 banana, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 scoop of protein and berries.
    My weekend breakfasts normally consist of protein waffles or pancakes.
    My breakfasts range from about 450-500 calories every day, as I eat 3 square meals each day, and it fills me up until the next meal time - lunch!

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bagel with cream cheese Egg Sammy with cheese and optional protein e.g bacon

Eggs make you feel satiated and rich in nutrients!

Or Eggs and cheese with a side of baby spinach and a warm cuppa Joe
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    egg scrambled with baby spinach in a 60 calorie wrap....sometimes I will add cheese, avocado and always tabasco sauce!! YUM...or scrambled egg with spinach and some smoked salmon.
  • jenn_ob
    jenn_ob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to is a toasted high fiber multigrain english muffin with peanut butter, super fast to make in the mornings before work and the combination of complex carbs, fiber and healthy fat usually gets me through the morning easily.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My husband and I drink a Shakeology shake for breakfast every day, and it keeps me satisfied for three to four hours. 5229779.png
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I usually do a whole food smoothie, but last night I put together an overnight oatmeal for this morning: half cup each old fashioned oats and frozen blueberries, a pinch of salt, a carton of fat free plain yogurt, a splash of water, and half a teaspoon of blood orange olive oil (from Smashing Olives). I am doing a no sweeteners 7 weeks. It was very filling!
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs with cheese, sour cream, and salsa over a sausage patty and I'm good to go for most of my morning.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, but my lunch could easily pass for breakfast food.

I have two poached eggs on two slices of white toast every day for lunch, with a dollop of tomato ketchup on the side. Comes to about 400 calories, keeps me full for ~6 hours until dinner, and I just adore it haha.

(I prefer to eat most of my calories in the evening. I find I get much less hungry during the day that way, weirdly).
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich. Toast an English muffin. You can get the 100 calorie ones. Beat a large egg and cook in a small round pan. Flip it in half, then half again. Top with 35 calorie Velveeta slices. Assemble sandwich. It should be 205 calories. I like adding mustard to mine. If you want, you can also use egg whites to save calories. It's very filling and low calorie and very tasty.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This morning I had breakfast tacos--I egg scrambled with a meatless sausage patty, cheese, roasted green chili and garlic cholula in two corn tortillas.
    A tip on eggs, although it probably won't work with hard boiled eggs... You can tell if a raw egg is still good if it sinks in a cup of water. Egg shells are porous, so if it floats, too much air has seeped into the shell and is no longer good.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This morning I had pineapple chobani greek yogurt, 2 pieces of turkey sausage, and half a clif builders bar and I'm stuffed!
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    when I have time I throw everything into a smoothie too. blueberries, spinach, protein powder, plain greek yogurt, half a banana, maybe some chia... one glass is very filling.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    a meatless sausage patty

Meatless sausage? So...it wasn't sausage?