Fitbit or phone

Options
I currently use my iPhone to track my activity. I have aFitbit and could switch to that. If I link my Fitbit to MFP, do I unlink my iPhone ? Will it cause me to get double exercise calories if I have both linked ? Which is more accurate?

Replies

• MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Unless you carry the phone with you everywhere. All the time, the Fitbit will be more accurate. Also, depending on what type of Fitbit you have, it tracks several metrics which are interesting. I have a charge that tracks sleep, heart rate, steps, calories burned, etc.

I have both my phone app and my Fitbit connected to MFP and I haven't noticed that it is double logging activity. The iPhone health app lets me track micronutrients better than MFP, so I keep it associated. It's been a while since I connected everything so I don't remember what the settings choices are.
  • laurakaychin
    laurakaychin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What do you use on your phone to track?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    In my experience, my fitbit is more accurate than my phone. :)
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I used to use my iPhone to track my steps and transfer them here. Once I got the Fitbit I unlinked the health app though. Fitbit is easier than having to keep the phone in your pocket all day, and it gives a lot more info.
  • clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I only track my steps and they go to MFP.