Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

passing on the drinking

Options
KateTVM
KateTVM Posts: 21 Member
Has anyone given up drinking entirely as a piece of their weight loss/life change/transformation process? I'm ready to say bye to it and curious others' successes and challenges... thanks!

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    My problem is I either drink or eat but not both because too many calories. I drink a lot though. Not good. I'm probably going tohell.
  • jiveturkey32
    jiveturkey32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    My problem is I either drink or eat but not both because too many calories. I drink a lot though. Not good. I'm probably going tohell.

Lol...

I wish there was a low calorie/carb wine... drinking is my Achilles heel too. This app is always an eye opener when you see how many calories alcohol has
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I can always give it up first thing in the morning but at 6:00 PM I break down. I run to make room for my drinking. Good luck, I should probably join you.
  • KateTVM
    KateTVM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so right there w you all!! 6pm is a hellish hour! Yeah but it's gotta go for me. Realizing I put so much effort into get in better health/shape/size and blow it wayyy to often (nightly?). Not good... Of course quitting will come w other challenges I'm sure so just looking to anticipate those and focus on why this is the right decision. Yup, long as I can survive 6p then I'm golden lol! And if I start to see more definition all the better!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options

I'm driving the bus.Where should I pick you up?
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking, smoking, and eating like a slob all within a couple months of each other. Feels good. Do it!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking a few years ago because it gives me a migraine while I'm still finishing my first drink. I'm everyone's designated driver :) I had to stop drinking all the virgin daiquiris on my vacations though; tons of sugar/carbs/calories. Now I stick to water and diet soda. Total teetotaler.
  • sflurbo
    sflurbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What I am doing is putting flavored seltzer, cranberry-lime for example with about 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice with ice in a wine glass, gives my brain the feeling I'm drinking wine as I sip from the wine glass with seltzer.
  • rxguy9
    rxguy9 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No way. I.love my cocktails
  • rxguy9
    rxguy9 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Im with u
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I still partake on weekends, but I don't drink during the week.
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I exercise to fit my wine in. Non-negotiable.
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I seldom have room in my daily calories for any alcohol. I may have a glass of wine every few weeks with a special dinner.
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ugh no. I lost like 40 lbs and I was drinking 2-4 times a month. BUT straight vodka on the rocks only lmao. Nothing else. Sometimes I chased it with crystal light :smiley: mmm booze.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love having a drink or two, but I rarely have room in my calorie budget. I prefer to spend any extra on cookies and ice cream.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kwohl wrote: »

Yes! I do limit to Friday and Saturday nights now.
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking, smoking, and eating like a slob all within a couple months of each other. Feels good. Do it!

This!
  • peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    law102189 wrote: »
    kwohl wrote: »

Yes! I do limit to Friday and Saturday nights now.

I'm the same I exercise and if I have calories left over I have a treat which is a wine or a beer
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    No. I'm not for cutting off things I enjoy. Nothing wrong with having what you want in life.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    no way,, I drink every weekend, I just work it off and eat good.