WAKE UP EARLY AND GO TO THE GYM

Options

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get up early and do a weights / body weight session today!! Alarm set for 4.45am and downstairs warming up by 4.50am :)

I think I will need to tweak my routine a little to make sure I don't end up late as I am pretty busy on a morning (getting myself showered and ready... then the kids up and ready.... breakfast and lunch packed and out of the door by 6.40am).

But apart from getting my steps in I am done for exercise today, it's quite a good feeling! :)
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20 pounds....go to the gym 5 days a week at either 7:30 for work days or 9:30 for classes when I'm not working....I'm going today! Lay our your clothes the night before, or sometimes I even sleep in them! That's a great motivator....best of luck to you!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Impressive commitment! Morning workouts are tough. I would contend though that lack of sleep is a serious deterrent to weight loss. It's all good if you are trying to get yourself off to bed earlier but if your plan is just to go with less sleep, you are making it needlessly tough on yourself.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Impressive commitment! Morning workouts are tough. I would contend though that lack of sleep is a serious deterrent to weight loss. It's all good if you are trying to get yourself off to bed earlier but if your plan is just to go with less sleep, you are making it needlessly tough on yourself.

I agree! I'm a terrible sleeper anyway but as my hubby will soon be on evening shifts I am trying to start getting to bed a little earlier each night.

• MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for 6 1/2 years, but I'm still in the gym by 4:30 on weekdays & 6 a.m. on weekends. I don't have time after work, and I just feel so much better mentally when I exercise first thing.
  • altergirl
    altergirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6am workout today - finished!

Who else made it out of bed today? :)
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    moi I guess, including taking care of a sick dog all night ... very tired now :)
  • erianswilliams
    erianswilliams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! Erian...on maintenance...between 7-8 am.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 am to go to work. No way am I getting up before that. I get my workouts in the evening.

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gosh waking up to workout has been hard for me!! I wake up at 8am but I hate getting out of bed. I don't have a gym but I do try workout at home or when I have Zumba class. This is a good idea. I need to push my self more to wake up at 8am and gettttt uppppp!!
  • josephka
    josephka Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 415 and after two cups of coffee and a hard boiled egg, I'm at the gym at 500 when they open. However...that's me! Others go in the evenings, but they key is to do something! At whatever time works for you!

Feel free to add me as a friend - that's to anyone on this thread! I can use more support and I'd love to connect with other early risers.

Joe
  • gcvetkovic47
    gcvetkovic47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    25 lbs and 4:30 am wake up time and to the gym by 5:00am
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Got up 4:20 today...drank two cups of coffee and made it to the gym at 5:15. I almost skipped, but I sure am happy now that I went!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    cycle session at 2am, abs & triceps, followed by 3K run @ 6:30
  • Katiedid722
    Katiedid722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Katie, 40 lbs and 5am!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    4:20am alarm. out the door by 4:50am for a 5am gym session. make the gym my bish for 45 mins. home by 6am. shower and dressed for work (the kiddo for school) by 7am. grab meal. out the door. dance in car in traffic and call bad drivers names. sitting at my desk at 8am :p

on the weekend, I work out at about 6:30am - usually for an hour and a half. I much longer session
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dawn, Up at the crack of dawn 4:20am, 15lbs then once I make that goal might doing another 10. :)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:00AM nowadays. I was doing Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri (taking Wednesday as a rest day), and of course doing Saturday and Sunday (but a bit later since I don't have to wake up so early...), but the last two weeks I'm just getting up and after it every day. Alternate between a bodyweight routine and a C25K program. I was getting up at 5:15-5:30ish, but we got a dog last weekend and I need time to take him out for a walk in the AM now, too.

Some good hints in here: lay your workout clothes out the night before, get to bed earlier (lack of sleep increases Cortisol which can lead to weight gain), and once you do it for 2-3 weeks, it really does become a habit. Its great to get your workout done and over with first thing, then have the rest of your day to yourself! Then you stay on track better because you woke up early to put the work in, so you are less likely to break down and eat a double cheeseburger and undo all your efforts!

I'm in for this thread! Was up at 5:00AM today and ran 2 1/2 miles. That's a lot for me...
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Monet, 4am, 100lbs. I am usually already up so I might as well do something useful. Plus everyday while I'm at work I'm so motivated and pumped up to go workout after work, but by the time I get home I'm beat and moral is low. So for me at least its early or not at all.
  • starjulia
    starjulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30am on weekdays to get my workout in. It gives me more energy and I am thankful to have it out of the way for the day because after a 10hr work day and the homework with the kids, cooking dinner, and getting the kids in bed it is the last thing I would want to do at night.
    My alarm is across my room so that I have to get out of bed to turn it off, once I am up it isn't hard to stay up. I also sleep in my workout clothes to make it easier and faster in the morning