Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Day 2 of the Personal Trainer!

Well..last week as brutal! I couldn't sit or walk very well until about Sunday...and I wan't able to really do the couch25K..so..i'm wondering..will this session be any better? Was last week the "I wonder how far I can push her" session..and this week we get into working more on the basics?

Will my PT be offended if I ask her to hold back a little..I really want to succeed doing the jogging plan..but I can't jog if I can't walk well!

I guess..I'm nervous!! I'm going to have to tell her how much it hurt..and I'm worried she will think I'm a baby or just to 'fat' to do the things she wants me to do :(

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    personally i dont think you should ask your trainer to hold back...shes doing what you want her to and thats to kick your butt into shape so she will push you to your limits.

The second training session shouldnt hurt like the first one, you obviously worked differnt muscles in the first one so they should handle round 2 a lot easier.

she wont thin your a baby, in my first PT session i was nearly sick on my trainer! but he told me that apparently the last 3 people he trained did actually thow up on him so it was an acheivement not to lol!

dont give up, you can do it. :o)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    She's just trying to show you that you "CAN" do it. :) You should tell her that you were sore. That you want to do it but don't want to be so sore. IDK. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about it. You pay her right?! :)
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Agree with Randa.. you are paying for her to push you :) DO tell her how much it hurt though so that she can gauge your fitness levels and perhaps whether she needs to take things at a slower pace. I hurt like hell for my first 4 sessions with my PT and then after that I got fitter and I didn't get so sore. Embrace it - it's doing you good :)
  • taricke7890
    taricke7890 Posts: 7 Member
    I think you need to tell her how sore you were. It would be worse if you injured yourself by pushing too hard. I work with a PT also and each time we start a new routine he makes sure to ask me how I felt after our workouts for that reason. He doesn't want me to injure myself by pushing too hard.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    First one is always the worst. 2nd and 3rd should be easier. I am always sorest the SECOND day after the workout (48 hours after) and it improves in time after that. Drink tons of water to help with that and make sure you are up on all your vitamins. People have conflicting opinions about cold baths, warm baths, lactic acid and all that, so I won't get into it, but Motrin/ibuprofen helps too.:happy:
  • Thanks everyone! :) I will def. talk to her about it...I want to be pushed but I want to enjoy daily activities and jogging too! :)
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    I've been working with a trainer for over 1.5 years 2x per week, and I'm invariably sore after each and every workout - it does not go away after a few sessions. My thoughts are that if it's comfortable, then the value of the training session isn't at the maximum. Just my .02 - I know it's hard!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Just hang in there!!! I wouldn't tell her to hold back. She knows what you are going through.. I am sure you are not her first client that is your size and not used to working out!! She knwos what she's doing.. Hange in there. The reason why you feel like you can vomit is because your body is trying to get rid of all the toxins that was in it... I know it's rough... Just think how much better you will feel.. YOU ARE A STRONG PERSON inside and out.
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Oh lucky you having a personal trainer, i wish I could afford one. If I were you I'd mention that you are also dedicated to following through with your c25k and want to be able to do this alongside the PT sessions. Explain how you were in pain. Does the PT get you to do lots of stretching afterwards? Perhaps they have stretches to show you that you could also do at home? It WILL get easier as your body adapts. Just make sure not to overdo it. I got an injury through running too much and was in pain for weeks.

Oh I would soooo love to have a PT!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    If you couldn't sit or walk very well I would tell her. She might not go easier on you but she might have you stretching/working more/different muscles and pay closer attention to ensure that your form is correct.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    hi :) i just got a trainer--i wouldn't tell her to hold back b/c you'll get used to it. i just had a trainer session this morning. i love it when she 'beats' me, as we like to joke. there is something to be said for giving it your all--and being pushed more than you ever thought you could be. last week, she had me sprinting at a 6, 6.5, 7, and 8.0 on the treadmill!! i've never gone faster than 6.3, maybe 6.5. it was awesome! (ok, so there was a minute or two where it hought iw as going to throw up) but after i wasl ike HOLY CRAP i jsut did that. don't ask her to hold back--stick with it. also--stretch a LOT if you're sore. that will help (and two ibuprofen!) so proud of you--stick with it!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    First one is always the worst. 2nd and 3rd should be easier. I am always sorest the SECOND day after the workout (48 hours after) and it improves in time after that. Drink tons of water to help with that and make sure you are up on all your vitamins. People have conflicting opinions about cold baths, warm baths, lactic acid and all that, so I won't get into it, but Motrin/ibuprofen helps too.:happy:

I agree 100%! I was surprised how quickly I stopped getting as sore as I was able to do more, but let her know how you felt after the last one. Don't get down on yourself for what you think you CAN'T do-- Be proud of how much more you CAN do every session!