What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You know those folding chairs you see on the sidelines at every 5th grade soccer game? I bought myself one years ago. The big one. Super wide seat, holds 400 pounds. And, years ago, I sat comfortably in it. Yesterday, I took the boys to soccer practice. My husband had put the folding chairs in the trunk, but not my big one. I didn't think about it, until I was sitting, sideways, so I could talk to the guy beside me, sitting with my legs folded up in front of me...it was then I realized my hips, tummy, butt, legs...they were all in the small chair. And I was comfortable.

NSV 2: I bought myself a t-shirt, because it was a $1. It was a men's M. I didn't mean to buy it for me, really. more for my son. But, I thought maybe I'd keep it and hope to fit in to it. Last night, I stood, looking at myself in the mirror for 10 minutes, wearing theis t-shirt and a pair of underwear and having a hard time believing it was me. The shirt fit, the underwear was a pair I bought mistakenly thinking it was my size, long ago but they were too small.

Several years ago, my husband actually got irritated with me because he said I always bought the wrong size t-shirts for him. I always bought 2XL when he needed L. And, I brushed it off with "oh, I just thought bigger would be more comfortable." But, really, I bought these big shirts because I wanted plain t-shirts to wear, and I needed that size so they would fit. I just didn't want to admit it. I still wear the 2XL, but, as night gowns. And, yesterday, I was wearing a Medium, that fit perfectly.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    msujack wrote: »
    Yesterday I changed the oil in my Tahoe and slid easily under the truck without my belly hitting the step rails! 6 months ago, it was a squeeze at best. Plus the work coat is much too big now!

Love this!
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Size 33 jeans and medium shirts fit now which I never thought I'd see (previously 38 and XL).. And I can do one arm pushups with either arm.. Not a lot but pounded out five with each arm the other night. When I started I could do a total of seven pushups using both arms...

Non scale defeat recently though, can't wear my IWB holster at 3:00 anymore.. Did you know there's bones in your hip? New to me.
  • macbblue
    macbblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I passed up the free donuts in the break room this morning. #babysteps
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    posted a photo of me in a tight dress on facebook. 22 people were impressed with how i looked.
  • stan9280
    stan9280 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    Size 33 jeans and medium shirts fit now which I never thought I'd see (previously 38 and XL).. And I can do one arm pushups with either arm.. Not a lot but pounded out five with each arm the other night. When I started I could do a total of seven pushups using both arms...

Non scale defeat recently though, can't wear my IWB holster at 3:00 anymore.. Did you know there's bones in your hip? New to me.

That! Concealing is tough when you loose you puffyness!
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wore my wedding ring today! It was too tight yesterday (barely got it off when I tried it on) so whether or not I can wear it is probably based on how much water I'm retaining day by day, but it's definitely progress!

Also, at my biggest (35 pounds ago) I couldn't even remotely wear my biggest belt, but I'm now on notch 2!
  • missyfitz1
    missyfitz1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wore my wedding ring today! It was too tight yesterday (barely got it off when I tried it on) so whether or not I can wear it is probably based on how much water I'm retaining day by day, but it's definitely progress!

Also, at my biggest (35 pounds ago) I couldn't even remotely wear my biggest belt, but I'm now on notch 2!

At my heaviest, my wedding ring left an angry red mark on my finger and hurt like hell. I probably shouldn't have been wearing it, but I felt so guilty about it. It was absolutely the worst thing about being at that weight. I'm so happy for you that you are seeing that progress! You'll be wearing it full-time any day now!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    After 3+ years I am very close to my goal and gave started reading the comments under the Maintenance category in preparation.

This is so good! Well done!
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    stan9280 wrote: »
    AlphaCajun wrote: »

That! Concealing is tough when you loose you puffyness!

Yes!
  • jenmovies
    Options
    I wore a two piece bathing suit, in public, for the first time in at least 8 years. I'm so happy with myself!

I like your NSV AND your profile pic. :smiley:
  • jenmovies
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My NSV is saving calories for dinner. The struggle is real! I'm also planning on trying a 6.15am class this Thursday. IF I don't post here again, you know I didn't make it. Carry on in my honour! B)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My lower half is getting shapelier due to my weight training... Loosely following one of Bret's programs.

Arms are Trying to become shapelier.

Friends/family are turning to me for fitness/nutrition guidance.

I begin my journey as a part time aerobics instructor next month.

Resting heartrate is consistently between 55 and 58 beats per min.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Wore a sweater set to work the other day and had to tuck the shirt into my pencil-ish skirt! Never had to do that before. Also noticed the nice 'swish' sounds my loose skirts now make. Progress!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Went shopping with a very good friend of 10+ years for the first time today and had a blast because we could finally shop in the same store!!

Plus the boutique owner said I needed a size small and she was right! Shut the front door!! Imagine that...me in a small, I was pretty excited!!
  • Fromflabtofabulous
    Fromflabtofabulous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nj2opa5mfb10.jpg
    Being able to actually do these pants up where as before I couldn't even get the materials to meet in the middle! They are still really tight but still they do up! :D I'm glad I took a before picture of this, it was a great pick me up when I was feeling down :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    the pair of trousers that went from too big after losing last year to rather tight are fine again; I am looking forward to my veggie soup lunch and wouldn't switch it for pizza!
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have these black stretch pants that I work out in. They fell down while I was working out! Thankfully I was at home. Time for new workout gear!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Completed a marathon on Sunday. Was quite under trained for this, came in under 5 hours and not last. Felt really good and back in the gym today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!