Strength Training and Weight Training Fitness App

Options
Hi All, I have developed a few strength training and weight training apps for the iPhone Platform. Users can either manually enter reps, sets and weight or utilize an external sensor that allows the app to automatically detect reps, rep type (push, pull or curl for the moment) and users can add a heart rate monitor (e.g Polar H7), and the app calculates calories burned for each set and the complete workout.. Supported sensors are Pebble smart watch, Texas Instruments SensorTag and a few more. Check out the "Weight-Training Genie" or "PowerIT" app on the iTunes app store. The application is also integrated with Runkeeper, Facebook and Twitter.

Anyway, I asked MFP if they have interest that I integrate my solution with this platform. In the apps area here I see a lot of cardio apps, but not a lot of strength training and fitness apps. And following the discussions on this community people are more passionate about lifting weights than cardio. And I can understand why, because it builds a more attractive body. but my proposal got turned down, not really a reason other than that the MFP interface is closed for only selected companies. And I am obviously not amongst them.

So I wanted to know from the community if there is any interest for a weight training monitoring app that integrates with MFP and where people can upload their training automatically rather than manually entering it?

Let me know what you think! Thanks

Replies

• demitri_316
    demitri_316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you found one
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I think that would be cool.
    I run the stronglifts 5x5 app and I really like having a way to track what Im doing and see my progress.
    I also like that I can add accessory work and edit some of the extras. I do wish it were a little more customizable with adding additional exercises but its a program specific app- so I understand the "why not" of that lacking feature.
    I would be interested in such an interface with MFP-most definitely and/or just an app for tracking. But such a thing may exist as have not looked through any existing apps in the AppleStore nor tried any other program.

My $0.02.