Options
ArmandsBerzs
ArmandsBerzs Posts: 13 Member
Let's compete!

Replies

• ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Push-ups 50 straight then a small break in between. Soft I know.

Lol. Sit ups 100s they're easy for me I guess
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    All of them.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This reminds me...

Back in high school football we used to do these pushups where you go down and hold the 'push up' about 1inch from the ground. We'd challenge each other and try to see who was tougher. Ugh! That was well before planks became popular. Thinking back...it was basically a very difficult plank.

The coach would tell us all we were going to do 5 pushups. We'd all groan and hit the grass. He'd say 'UP!' and we'd do a push-up then hold it in that one-inch-above-the-ground plank. 30 seconds later he'd say 'UP!' and we'd repeat. By the time we'd get to 5, half the team couldn't push themselves up at all...and the rest of us would be shaking like heroin addicts. :smile:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    one more than anyone else on this thread claims
  • jheitz231
    jheitz231 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    At least 2
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't do sit-ups...they are a ridiculously inferior exercise that doesn't do what people think they do...there's about a million other things that would be better serving than sit-ups.

Push-ups, I have no idea...I do them all of the time, but I've never bothered to max set or anything.
  • cjferguson40
    Options
    This reminds me...

Back in high school football we used to do these pushups where you go down and hold the 'push up' about 1inch from the ground. We'd challenge each other and try to see who was tougher. Ugh! That was well before planks became popular. Thinking back...it was basically a very difficult plank.

The coach would tell us all we were going to do 5 pushups. We'd all groan and hit the grass. He'd say 'UP!' and we'd do a push-up then hold it in that one-inch-above-the-ground plank. 30 seconds later he'd say 'UP!' and we'd repeat. By the time we'd get to 5, half the team couldn't push themselves up at all...and the rest of us would be shaking like heroin addicts. :smile:

Oh...I forgot to include the part where currently I'm shaking just thinking of doing one of those! Yikes!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    For medical reasons I can't do either right now, but I can 20-25 regular pushups in one set. It varies based on my attitude, I guess. Some days I can do more than others.

I don't do sit-ups so I have no idea on that one.
  • looking4gains
    looking4gains Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The army physical fitness test is 2 mins of both as many as you can. And a 2 mile run. I usually stop when I max which is 76 push-ups, 76 sit-ups, and around a 13:00 - 13:50 two mile depending on how hard I train. The most push-ups I've done without stopping is around 120. Sit-ups is around 100.
  • cjferguson40
    Options
    The army physical fitness test is 2 mins of both as many as you can. And a 2 mile run. I usually stop when I max which is 76 push-ups, 76 sit-ups, and around a 13:00 - 13:50 two mile depending on how hard I train. The most push-ups I've done without stopping is around 120. Sit-ups is around 100.

I couldn't even do half that in knee-pushups! (I didn't call them girl pushups cause there are plenty of girls that can do regular pushups with me on their backs.)

Keep up the amazing work...and thanks for your service!

120!
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thousands...
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    20 then I'm done
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    You win. I can do half of one and then land on my face.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Zero.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not enough.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    -on both :#
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    80 push-ups non stop
    About 100 sit ups.
    It's no sense to be going to the gym when you can't handle your body weight.