Recipe Builder

Options
Hi! I use the recipe builder regularly to enter the ingredients to my recipes that I use over and over. My husband recently started using MFP - is there a way he can access my recipes from the database? It is a pain to have to enter them again in HIS account on MFP but we don't want him to just enter the Quick Add calories either..help! :)

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You can take the final info (calories per gram or serving) and make it a food in the database that he can then search. Just name it something easy to search like 'smcrimmon chicken and rice' to make sure he gets the right entry.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    You can take the final info (calories per gram or serving) and make it a food in the database that he can then search. Just name it something easy to search like 'smcrimmon chicken and rice' to make sure he gets the right entry.

Okay cool - I didnt know I could do that!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I were both tracking, I would enter the recipe in the recipe builder and log it into my diary and then he would view my diary on his app and select "copy meal." It isn't the most ideal way to do it, but it keeps the macros/micros and lets you avoid making multiple entries into the database.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    When my husband and I were both tracking, I would enter the recipe in the recipe builder and log it into my diary and then he would view my diary on his app and select "copy meal." It isn't the most ideal way to do it, but it keeps the macros/micros and lets you avoid making multiple entries into the database.

I didnt know you could copy someone elses meals..learning so much here! lol