Going between good and bad days

Options
hey guys!

I have been immensely frustrated at myself for the past two weeks, I seem to be able to go for three/four days eating at my calories, then the next day I'll eat roughly 500 cals over maintenance!

This habit is becoming a nuisance and although I'm trying, I don't understand what spurs it on! I'm beginning to think that missing breakfast or eating less over the day might be better as I tend to just wanna eat in the evenings, although I'm not sure if this would lead into further eating in the evenings! Needing ideas on how to push myself over this hurdle!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Pre-log...go into every day with a plan...stick to the plan.

ETA: maybe schedule a "maintenance day" once per week for sanity and whatnot. My wife and I are both cutting a little right now and Saturday is our maintenance day...it's a nice little break and something to look forward too at the end of the week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Sometimes people overeat due to undereating. It may be worth reducing your loss rate in order to maintain a caloric deficit.
  • emmas434
    emmas434 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 6, CW 185 lbs, calorie goal of 1520 cal for 1 lbs weightloss a week
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm an evening snacker and this would consistently put me over my calorie goal. I stopped eating breakfast (just coffee with a little milk and water). This allowed me to add a snack before bed and still feel satisfied. I've never really been a breakfast eater though so this was natural for me.

Look up intermittent fasting, it may help :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    emmas434 wrote: »
    I'm 5 ft 6, CW 185 lbs, calorie goal of 1520 cal for 1 lbs weightloss a week

That's not terribly low but maybe upping it a bit would help you out long term. Eating 1670 for 5 days gives you a better caloric deficit than 1520 for 4 days and then 2520 on the 5th day.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    My entire life is a constant flux of good days and bad. Pretty sure that's my norm. Anyway, you could try eating less during the day and more at night. Give it a good while and see if it works.

Or, if may determine that your nightly eating is just due to habit and you need more energy during the day then adjust your meals and replace evening eating with another activity.