Best Elliptical Option/Type to buy?

Options
Hey everyone,

I've seen several different types of elliptical's for sale second hand. However, I don't know anything about the brands and or which one is the best. So I would love other people's opinions and recommendations. I would love one that has a setting to change the resistance put and down every minute like the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer. The Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer has been the best and most favorite elliptic I used, but unfortunately it is too expensive. So it would be great if I could find one that is similar or just as good. I was wondering out of this list if anyone knows the best brand/type.

LifeFitnes 9100 Crosstrainers
LifeFitness 9500HR Crosstrainers
LifeFitness X9i Crosstrainer
crosstrainer Life Fitness Silverline 95Xi
crosstrainer Life Fitness 9500HR

Replies

• Slug62
    Slug62 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a vision fitness xf40 cross trainer a couple of months ago after extensive research and road testing. I have a bad back and awful feet and needed something with a smooth, flat stride. Some cheaper models, like Nordic track, have a shorter, more circular stride that can pit pressure on your knees over time. I have been v pleased with it, use it most days along with other stuff. I also tested out life fitness ellipticals and they too were v good, but didn't fold like the model I bought.
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Slug62 wrote: »
    I bought a vision fitness xf40 cross trainer a couple of months ago after extensive research and road testing. I have a bad back and awful feet and needed something with a smooth, flat stride. Some cheaper models, like Nordic track, have a shorter, more circular stride that can pit pressure on your knees over time. I have been v pleased with it, use it most days along with other stuff. I also tested out life fitness ellipticals and they too were v good, but didn't fold like the model I bought.

Thanks for the recommendation :D I will check into it!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi there I have a sole medium sized elliptical. It is very pleasant to use and suits my needs well. They have a nice product but I had to assemble it myself. It took me about 6 hrs. It's also extremely heavy and cumbersome. I love having it, the idea that I can do cardio and Dumbbells at home gives me so much joy! Only bad think is that you can't increase resistance on the programs at will. Have to be on manual for that. No complaints, a great purchase.