NSV I threw it away!

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
Okay so anyone who knows me KNOWS how much I LOVE Chinese.....
Anywho. Last night my husband came back with Panda express orange chicken and fried rice for me. Since it was 930at night I didnt eat it and took it with me to work this morning. It didnt really sound appetizing at all.....which shocked the crap outtta me. I was sitting here configuring the calories and after seeing what it did to my intake goals...knowing if I wanted to be in the green Id have some serious working out to do....I procrastinated and contemplated.......then THERW IT ALL AWAY! And I don't feel guilty at all except that I just wasted 8 dollars.....lol...Now I can mow happy tonight and not have to work out extra unless I want to!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Well Done You! :happy:

Taking action is empowering.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!! these are the things that count the most I think :) xxx
  • clb678
    clb678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! I have been doing that too, lately. Once I look up the calories for something in front of me before I eat it...it changes everything! I haven't had a fast food french fry in 50 days! Congrats, keep up the good work!
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is a great NSV!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thats great, well done! I have the same thing with desserts. I LOVE them, but I just remember having to push myself at the gym to work off enough calories to be able to eat one!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I am not one to waste food, I don't like it to do so but these days I would rather discard it than eat it. More and more the better half and I will share a meal because I am just not eating as much.

Good for you and the choice you made!
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
    (I hope your husband doesn't see your post...lol)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
    (I hope your husband doesn't see your post...lol)

Well theres no way he will be getting on here....he hates healthy lol
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Even though the way I eat is very fulfilling and full of variety, the one thing I do miss on occasion is some General Tso's Chicken! Dang I love that stuff. In fact, now that I think about it, it's going to be my goal reward meal lol.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a great NSV.... all that sodium and msg would have put you up for days. Great job!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh panda is my fave, i was just reading about how bad the bejing beef is for you! LOL.. Good for you though!! I am Proud of you!!!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great job.... life changes just like that!
  • raetime80
    raetime80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, that takes serious discipline! I'd be irritated that I was wasting $8 too but in the grand scale of things--you made the right choice! Good for you girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!