Let's talk about BREAD baby....

Options

Replies

• keepupwithjack
    keepupwithjack Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Aldi Fit and Active Multigrain--90 calories, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 6 grams of protein in 2 slices. Very soft too.
  • holly23cali
    holly23cali Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great thank you everyone for your input. I am making lifestyle changes along with doing MFP to hold myself accountable....i know most bread has a crap ton of GMO and other crud so i will eventually give it up. But not yet. No not yet. Lol i do realize i sounded like Oprah BZAH10 hahahaha oh well. Tried to be funny and failed.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Naan.

There's nothing wrong with bread of any kind unless you have a medical issue with it (gluten allergy, IBS, etc.).
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bread so when I do it better be special. Asiago cheese bread from Panera is amazing. I got my husband a really nice Italian bread last night to eat his sausage on and when I scooped out the inside I will confess to taking a bite because it was so fresh and soft and delicious. It's the hardest part of eating low carb for me.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I love bread. I just ate a lovely toasted cheese bagel topped with scrambled eggs and spinach.

I'm a fan of hearty ryes, pumpernickel has a special place in my heart, sourdough is great. I make fantastic bread too but it's hard to practice control with my homemade bread. My honey whole wheat is exceptionally yummy.

Hmmmm, I have some every day. :)
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    One of the grocery stores here sells the most delicious baguettes. They go stale and hard as a rock in a couple days, so you just *have* to eat them up fast (oh the sacrifice). Put in a toaster oven with way too much butter...heaven!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only eat bread at restaurants. So there's either a bacon cheeseburger in between it or it's fresh. I cannot remember the last time I brought bread into my home.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Everyday-type bread is a sprouted bread -perhaps like Ezekiel bread

For dinner parties, etc., it's a walk to a nice bakery to get some beautiful, fresh artisan bread of some kind (walnut olive, levain) Maybe foccacia or ciabatta.

Gosh...now I'm craving me some bread!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For sandwiches, aunt Millie's makes a 35 calorie whole wheat bread that I love. I can have a slice of toast with my eggs, PB&J or turkey sandwich without killing my calories for the day. But occasionally I spoil myself with sourdough on the side of my soup or pastas. For me, it's about calories, not carbs :)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Trader Joes 7 sprouted grains.

I like that one.

Right now I'm stuck on oatmeal bread. It's so soft and delicious. I bought it for visiting family to make sandwiches with leftover turkey I roasted but they kept wanting local fast food they can't get where they live. :s I'll be glad when this loaf is gone. Hard to resist.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Asiago bread from Panera <3
  • Helloidentitycrisis
    Helloidentitycrisis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Gluten free "Genius" bread, it has this slightly malted taste and is just yummy! I get a loaf only a few times a year though!

My family get Warburton's white farmhouse and I know I shouldn't but will nick a slice or two - usually when I'm feeling self destructive or brave as it's delicious, but ends in a tummy ache!
  • holly23cali
    holly23cali Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    For sandwiches, aunt Millie's makes a 35 calorie whole wheat bread that I love. I can have a slice of toast with my eggs, PB&J or turkey sandwich without killing my calories for the day. But occasionally I spoil myself with sourdough on the side of my soup or pastas. For me, it's about calories, not carbs :)

Yes, awesome! Where do u find that brand?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Anything 100% whole grain and I try to stay away from preservatives.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Natures own sugar free whole grain!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not a big bread eater, unless it's cheesy biscuits or garlic bread. For sandwiches or toast I prefer white bread.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I make my own now. I remember eating grocery store bread in the US (whole wheat) and wonder why I ever ate the thing. Now: homemade baguettes, 1/2 whole wheat loaves, rye bread, muesli bread, pain au lait when I feel like indulging but it's very rare. I like variety and I don't eat bread everyday so I get to mix things up.

My one and only attempt at sourdough miserably failed. Given the number of people here who mention it I might be missing something. I'll try again soon
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't keep bread in the house anymore because my pre-diabetic s/o is on low carbs, so bread is a treat. If it's a treat, then I'm eating the best sourdough I can find!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    For sandwiches and every day use I like silver hills' little big bread, 55 calories a slice. Alternately anything grainy with a decent protein count will do.
    For bread because I like bread, I make brioche and eat it hot with butter and jam. Also killer with a fried egg. Takes 8 hours to make and a lot of calories but oh so worth it.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Homemade bread FTW. The bf makes amazing bread. Like, amazing, yo. I bake a half-decent loaf of bread. I added sundries tomatoes in my dough yesterday and it will rise for 24 hours with a 2 to 3 hour second rise. I can't wait!