Resistance band to short or just weak?

Options
Hi all! Today I started using EA Sports Active for my Wii. I lost the resistance band for it years ago. IT was useless any how! I had recently bought this set of bands to replace it http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017OAK198?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01 But when I tried today I found I couldn't do the move where I stretch my arms straight out to shoulder height. The band felt to short. I'm using the yellow one which is the lowest for numbers. I know later in the game it will ask me to raise he handles over my head. If I cant even get them past my shoulders how will that be possible? I am 5'7' are the bands to short? or am I just to weak? If it is the bands can you please direct me to something better and preferably cheap! I live on a VERY limited budget and this set was a splurge for me. Thank you :)

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i wish i could help but i wonder the same about my resistance bands maybe this bump will get some people looking?
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Too short. Look into the bands, instead if tubes. The bands tend to be longer.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Greetings fellow EASA2-Wii users! :) Sometimes I wonder how many of us are still out there.
    I switched to small barbells (5lbs each) a few months in, because even using the band that came with the game I was having problems doing things like overhead tricep extensions--the band would touch my back, which added way too much resistance. The only problem with my solution is I can't easily hold the remote at the same time, but I solved that problem by only programming "symmetric" exercises which means I can leave the remote on the coffee table and just pick it up briefly every third exercise so it doesn't lose communication.
    But to answer your original question...those bands you bought are really for use "between" hands, or from one hand to a doorjamb or something, so they're way too short to loop under your feet the way EASA2 wants you to do. You can find longer bands/tubes in places like Dick's Sporting Goods or even Target. (selection way better at Dick's even if the price isn't)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    @kuroshii thanks a ton! I was afraid that was going to be the answer :) but I'll see what I can do. I so have a pair of wrist weights that are 2 or 3 pounds I think maybe I'll use them until I can find bigger bands. Its def nice to meet another EASA-WII user! Mind if I friend request you?
  • kuroshii
    Options
    You're welcome, and I don't mind you friend-requesting me at all! You'll mostly just get "end of day foodlog" spam from me, otherwise I don't post much.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you stand on the band with both feet? If you do then change to a single foot and see if that helps.
  • kuroshii
    Options
    If you click through the link to see the bands @AvalonsUnicorn purchased, you'll see they're REALLY short. They will serve her well for separate resistance training, but not for the stuff inside EASA2.