• veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5' 0"
    Age 49
    Weight 110
    Exercise at least 6 - 7 per week
    30 min cardio / 20 min weights.

I'm averaging close to 1700. I don't log everything I eat. I'm pretty much maintaining at 110 on this. Need to drop the cals a little to get down to my goal 103-105. No hurry, I'm happy where I am at the moment.

1200 for me would be starving. I would not be a "nice" person to be around at 1200 cals. I need more food for the energy I burn.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 143 pounds and eat just under 1,800 calories a day without exercise. I work a part time job that has me on my feet and moving a lot though. Find the user named "heybales" there's a spreadsheet on his profile that I use to crunch all my numbers. It seems to be more accurate than In Place of a Roadmap for me.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 143 pounds and eat just under 1,800 calories a day without exercise. I work a part time job that has me on my feet and moving a lot though. Find the user named "heybales" there's a spreadsheet on his profile that I use to crunch all my numbers. It seems to be more accurate than In Place of a Roadmap for me.

Thanks for the heybales suggestion. While I'm doing ok on 1200 calories, I am a little concerned I'm eating too little. I decided I am going to go ahead and give his calculations a shot and see what happens after a month or two.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these replies again! :) I am definitely upping my calories to 1700 for now, and may drop it down to 1500 after about 2 weeks, depending on how it goes.

These replies mean so much, cause I was thinking 1700 was wayyy too much for my height, but its comforting to know that other short girls out there that work out are netting around that :) I really needed some reassurance!!

I'm also changing my routine - cardio is doing no good for me anymore when it comes to decreasing my body fat!

I'm starting 5x5 Stronglifts on Monday :):)
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all these replies again! :) I am definitely upping my calories to 1700 for now, and may drop it down to 1500 after about 2 weeks, depending on how it goes.

These replies mean so much, cause I was thinking 1700 was wayyy too much for my height, but its comforting to know that other short girls out there that work out are netting around that :) I really needed some reassurance!!

I'm also changing my routine - cardio is doing no good for me anymore when it comes to decreasing my body fat!

I'm starting 5x5 Stronglifts on Monday :):)

This is a long shot because this forum was two years ago, but ive been reasearching loads of forums and you've asked exactly what I wanted to know I'm 5ft 1, ive just upped my calories and started lifting again because I was netting at 1000 and eating 1200 and stopped loosing for 3 weeks, ive just upped to 1500-1600 and netting 1200-1300, can I asked if it worked for you? as this was before you started it, would be a massive reassurance for me :) I'm using TDEE method so I don't eat back calories so I have it set for 1600 daily but I range from 1500-600
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Whether 1600 is the correct calorie goal for you will depend on your age weight and what your workout schedule is like.

If you have entered all your stats in the TDEE calculator honestly, not under or over estimated your exercise, try running with those numbers for a few weeks and if you are not losing try dropping down to 1500.

Accurate weighing of food with a digital scale and liquids with the appropriate cups and spoons will help you monitor your intake and evaluate the correct calorie goal.

Cheers, h.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    4'10"
    53 years old
    112 lbs.

According to my Fitbit (which I think is quite accurate, or if anything slightly under estimates) my TDEE averages around 1700-1725 a day. Exercise includes 30-60 minutes of brisk walking every day, weights three times a week and lots of normal movement throughout the day doing house and yard work. Yesterday I worked outside a good part of the morning picking up brush and going up and down hill a lot, plus a short (30 minute) walk and my TDEE was 1937. It can go as low as 1425 on a couch potato day.
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to get myself a fitbit! Just cant afford one yet, I find it difficult to know what my activity level is i have a desk job mon-fri but i do 5 workouts of intense cardio and moderate weights so i think it's lightly active but more inclined to moderate
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a short cardio bunny.

5'2"
    ~125 pounds
    run 20 - 30 miles per week.

I've been eating all my FitBit calories for a year and have maintained within a +/- 3 pound range. My TDEE averages 2100 per day, 1600 net. 1700 sounds about right for you :) Good luck!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 110 pounds. I exercise six days per week and walk at least 10,000 steps every day. I lose weight eating up to 2300 calories per day depending on how active I am for the day.