Healthy snacks ideas!

Options
Msfenae
Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
I need some healthy on the go or just grab quick items to eat. I am just getting back into working out and eating better. I need fresh ideas for snacks besides the usual...yogurt & fruit tips...any suggestions?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter
  • Msfenae
    Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like quick snacking on celery or snap peas. They don't go bad quickly. They both are crunchy which is usually what I used to snack on - like chips.
  • Twelve8momma
    Twelve8momma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Roasted-Honey-Cinnamon-Chickpeas-27908653
    This is amazing if you are looking for a sweet treat, plus is packed with tons of protein!
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually do:
    apples and peanut butter
    nuts
    yogurt
    veggies and hummus

another not so healthy snack that i still have about 3-5 times a week is 3 slices of bacon :)
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is amazing if you are looking for a sweet treat, plus is packed with tons of protein!

THANK YOU! I absolutely enjoy chickpeas roasted, but normally they are savory. I am going to buy some chickpeas tomorrow at the store and make these. Yum!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Dandelie wrote: »

THANK YOU! I absolutely enjoy chickpeas roasted, but normally they are savory. I am going to buy some chickpeas tomorrow at the store and make these. Yum!

They have these packaged now. I have seen them at Target.
    I make my own though. The sky is the limit, sweet or savory, what ever you like. I particularly like dill with a little cayenne.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Not mentioned yet and I just had some, Edamame seed pods.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter

Yummy!!
    I like some dark chocolate and a hot drink.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Other than fruit, I love Mini rice cake popped chips. I like savory snacks, so I get different flavors to change it up. You can find them by the rice cakes. Also, hummus with pretzel crisps is one of my go-to snacks. I also keep Fiber One protein bars in my purse - my favorite is coconut almond.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    -Luna protein bars
    -ThinkThin Protein Bites
    -Apples and Peanut Butter
    -Lean1 Meal Replacement (I also use optimum nutrition, but I have to do this one as my morning on-the-go because I have to use milk with it. The Lean1, I can just pack the powder and add water from a fountain and shake it up)
    -Boiled egg
    -Celery and hummus. Also works with other veggies and pita bread/chips
    -Cheerios