10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse

Options
Like most people on this site I don't truly believe our bodies need a "detox" however I had a friend recently do this and I looked into a little just for the heck of it. It really doesn't seem like an awful idea. You are either drinking 3 smoothies a day or you can do the alternate plan where you have 2 smoothies and 1 healthy meal. The smoothies are packed with healthy fruits and veggies focusing on green leafy veggies. You are able to have snacks throughout the day they just have to be limited to raw fruits and veggies or unsalted seeds and nuts. They claim it not only helps you lose weight but gives you more energy, mental clarity, better sleep, less dark circles/bags under your eyes, etc. I realize it wouldn't be something to do as an ongoing thing but it seems like it could have it's benefits in the short term. You can get a shopping list and recipes from the below PDF link for free. There is nothing to purchase (except the food), no supplements to take etc so I don't see it as a money making scheme. Just curious if anyone has tried this and if so what your experience was?

http://www.powwerweightloss.com/uploads/1/9/9/6/19966243/__10_day_green_smoothie_detox.pdf

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Dear God
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why are you asking for our opinion on this when there are countless threads about the dangers of "Green Smoothie Cleanses"? In your bio you say "My goal now is to make a sustainable lifestyle change". Clearly never eating solid food is not sustainable or all that beneficial. Stop looking for a quick fix and just put in the work like everyone else.
  • Martinatk
    Martinatk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my second cleanse. The first one I did was at the beginning of Feb and I did the full cleanse by drinking smoothies and eating raw fruit and veggies with hb eggs, almonds, and tuna as my protein choices. I used it as a reset. I have lost 17lbs since January and over 20 inches. I workout everyday for the most part taking Sunday as a rest day and meal prep. I am currently doing a modified cleanse because with the full cleanse it did affect my energy levels the first couple of days and also my workout schedule. I plan on doing it once a month but not as strict as the first time. I feel amazing and had great results.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Martinatk wrote: »
    I am currently on my second cleanse. The first one I did was at the beginning of Feb and I did the full cleanse by drinking smoothies and eating raw fruit and veggies with hb eggs, almonds, and tuna as my protein choices. I used it as a reset. I have lost 17lbs since January and over 20 inches. I workout everyday for the most part taking Sunday as a rest day and meal prep. I am currently doing a modified cleanse because with the full cleanse it did affect my energy levels the first couple of days and also my workout schedule. I plan on doing it once a month but not as strict as the first time. I feel amazing and had great results.

Cleansing and resetting what exactly? Please provide fact, not feelings / beliefs to answer.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And this is the ad I get on the bottom my screen when I view this post:
    gx8dctjn3drl.jpg

(eye twitches)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I am eating similarly to the cleanse (no solid food, mostly smoothies, creamy soups, and Greek yogurt) because of recent abdominal surgery and it is no fun. Not only does it not "help you lose weight but gives you more energy, mental clarity, better sleep, less dark circles/bags under your eyes, etc.", it does the opposite. I am not sleeping as well and my eyes are dark and baggy. Then there is the fact that you never know when that liquid will come out the other end so you are afraid to fart.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    brrrycicle wrote: »
    And this is the ad I get on the bottom my screen when I view this post:
    gx8dctjn3drl.jpg

(eye twitches)

Big Brother!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i let my liver do its job that the stars or god created it do depending on your beliefs.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Dear God

^^This
  • sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The people on this site are ridiculous. Read the book, look at the webpage before saying that something is "bad" for you. geessh!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    sharde8691 wrote: »
    The people on this site are ridiculous. Read the book, look at the webpage before saying that something is "bad" for you. geessh!

The people on this site are educated. Read the threads, the research and the actual science before endorsing a silly, unsupported, restrictive plan.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

If people here are ridiculous then please explain how this cleanses the body ... what it removes ... and how it is necessary considering normal bodily processes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

If people here are ridiculous then please explain how this cleanses the body ... what it removes ... and how it is necessary considering normal bodily processes.

I'm searching for that skeleton gif...