Some of these friend requests...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    My profile specifically states to send me a message, yet I continue to get requests without a message. I will go ahead and accept if I have interacted with the person before, or if they are on some of my other friends FLs. For now I generally send a message back to the rest saying I need a message. So far, that has worked. I have only deleted one person from my FL so far, and she was nothing but a drama queen on here looking for sympathy and using MFP like FB.

If people are using the MFP app you can't actually read a profile it doesn't show up!
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I guess this is more for the ladies but I'm curious about what guys have to say too.

What do you do about the friend requests you get from the guys with one shirtless picture, no profile info filled out and only pretty female friends? I usually decline them but is that rude? I mean, it's pretty obviously what those dudes are here for... right?

See this is why I have a pic with E.T. have an derpy looking Canadian friend and only comment on women's....lungs... when I friend them, that way you know exactly what you're getting...pure dumb crap
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Is this still a thing?
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Some of us just want to be made felt pretty by pretty women.

Exactly!!
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I take offense to this lol I posted my pic cause I busted my *kitten* and lost 115lbs and was proud of what I accomplished
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I guess this is more for the ladies but I'm curious about what guys have to say too.

What do you do about the friend requests you get from the guys with one shirtless picture, no profile info filled out and only pretty female friends? I usually decline them but is that rude? I mean, it's pretty obviously what those dudes are here for... right?

I mean, I don't have the 1 shirtless pic or a profile not filled out, but my friends list consist of somewhere around 90% women. It's not my fault that the women send me more friend requests than the men. However, I accept either gender.

I only deny if the person doesn't have a profile pic or has an obvious fake one. However, after the initial acceptance of someone to my friends list, they must get along with my personality in order to stay on my friends list, and I'll be sure to send each and every person a message stating my requirements :P
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I take offense to this lol I posted my pic cause I busted my *kitten* and lost 115lbs and was proud of what I accomplished

Not completely sure how this is offensive. It doesn't diminish your progress. But okay, buddy.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    To sum this thread up... "Oh we're all so attractive and popular we're just drowning in friend requests."

giphy.gif

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    That's a joke btw, before anyone gets their knickers all twisted.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Too late

knicks.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Too late

knicks.jpg

I have to wring mine out sometimes too.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Too late

knicks.jpg

I have to wring mine out sometimes too.

After chatting with me?
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago and can't believe how much this is like a fitness version of Facebook. Yeah there is some posting of goals and accomplishments but way more disrespectful comments and unfitness related stuff going on than I had expected it to be.
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Not completely sure how this is offensive. It doesn't diminish your progress. But okay, buddy.

Clearly I was joking hence the "lol" that means laugh out loud btw buddy
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Some of the most supportive people I've met on here meet that description. others are exactly what you're expecting. I'll typically give just about anyone a couple of weeks to see if or how they interact. If it doesn't work out then I can unfriend. I think a lot of people are more discriminating than I, though.

I have to agree.