Stretch marks

Options
SO its true and said best by one of my favorite comedians regarding stretch marks. they either come from one of two things, either you was small and got big, or you was big and got small LOL. well i have both. I have stretch marks on my stomach from losing weight and very long stretch marks on my arms and shoulders from adding muscle. Is there anything that i can do to reduce their visibility or get rid of them completely. Whats the point of trying to get a six pack if its covered in stretch marks lol =] any opinions welcome.

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great question.... Mine was from being small and getting preggo three times .... I want to start wearing a bikini more...but not if my belly is full of stretchmarks and looks wrinkly from them ;(
  • crazycat828
    Options
    Tight fitting t-shirts and lights off.. :-) You asked!
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    katt williams???
  • kitkat536
    kitkat536 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rub Vitamin E oil on the stretch marks or invest in Mederma. Both work relatively well. I have them on my thighs and sides from gaining and boobs from growing. It definitely helped to hide mine.
    The vitamin E oil stays oily, so put it on before bed and scrub well during your morning shower. The mederma is a cream and helps too.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Katt Williams! It's okay, baby - you look like a tiger!

Palmers Cocoa Butter works miracles!!!!!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have them EVERYWHERE now! My best friend has lost 90 lbs and she said hers faded over time but never really went away.
  • ElizabethDoesCrossfit
    ElizabethDoesCrossfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's said that cocoa butter works, or mederma but you have to be consistent with it.
  • carolynnjoy
    Options
    I have heard that using tanning lotion helps hide them. I haven't tried it yet...but I plan on it here in the next few days.
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Gabriel Iglesias to me! As for what to do - Cocoa Butter. I heard its the best way to go about it. Other than that, you can't really get rid of stretch marks completely unless you have $$$$.
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    love kat
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've noticed mine have lessened now that I use lotion EVERY morning, just plain ol lotion. But it's not working to ocmpletely eradicate them, so I'm thinking about cocoa butter, I hear that works really well too
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mederma works REALLY WELL!!! My sister used it after her twins were born and went back down to a size 6. U can't even tell she had kids!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    They won't go away but they will lighten with the things suggested above :)
  • ellebelle2113
    ellebelle2113 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you, pregnancy, for making me a stretch marks expert. Not really. Some people suggest tanning helps. I don't think I would necessarily recommend that since it's bad for your skin. You can use cocoa or shea butter on your trouble spots in the future, and that might help them recover and keep them from getting worse. Also, be drinking a lot of water. That is key. Another thing that I like is the cheap vitamin E cream. You can buy it at any drug store, usually for under 3 bucks. I gave birth four months ago and had horrendous red and purple stretch marks along the whole front of my stomach. They have already faded to normal skin color and the skin seems to be tightening back up already.
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    or because you got pregnant. Like me. Lol. But my doctor told me to get vitamin E capsules and poke a hole in them and rub the juice from it directly on the stretch marks. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I had them before I ever got pregnant, they got worse though. My stomach is a road map. They go vertical and horizontal. Not to mention I have the pouch from the csection! 10lb baby will do that to ya lol! But I view them as my battle wounds!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I got them with pregnancies and they are less visible now, but I don't think they ever completely go away. I use lotion everyday after my shower. Just take good care of your skin.
  • aud82
    aud82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well there was, conveniently, an ad at the top of the page for Tri LASTEN SR... 60 day money back gaurantee... personally, I call BS... but hey, you never know.... lol!

I have a feeling I might as well just get over the fact that they are there.... I'd rather get rid of the extra skin (from going from 119 to 189 with my first child... and back into my pre-pregnancy jeans by the time I left the hospital, 2 days later... and two children since then) than the stretch marks... screw it.... EVERYONE has stretchmarks... why stress over it? lol!