Best sweetener - HELP me lest I crash and burn!

Options
2»

Replies

• TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My coffee is best with 3tsp sugar = 48 cals, and 3 tbsp cream = 45 cals, total =93 calories.
    But today im already over my calories because this is my rest day, no work out. I had 2 eggs and low cal bread and coffee in the morning, soup at lunch with avocado, and a burger for dinner plus a snack (chopped apple/raisins/nuts. honey/cinnamon) Over calories but i don't feel like I overate. I'm eating 1600 daily calories, to lose 0.5 week and i'm finding it difficult.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @ rhtexasgal That monk sugar looks interesting. Thanks. I am looking at pure monk online.
  • TamzFit777
    Options
    @ rhtexasgal That monk sugar looks interesting. Thanks. I am looking at pure monk online.

yeah it actually does im gonna look for it too.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    wholesome organics stevia is really good
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes! Make room for it, especially if you enjoy it AND you look forward to it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We don't have monk fruit here, otherwise I would definitely try it.
    I have a full unopened jar of Stevia in my pantry that I haven't had the nerve to try yet because of all the negative aftertaste reviews I've heard about it... Although I have read the liquid Stevia is better, which once again is not available in Aus.
    I just got used to having my tea with no sugar, rather than the 3tsp I used to add to every cup (8 cups a day usually). Milk however is something I wont ever give up adding.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I use 4tsp of sugar and 4tbsp of sweetened flavored creamer. It's a 200 calorie 20oz cup of coffee. But that's the only way I'll drink it. So I either do without or make it fit.
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
  • TamzFit777
    Options
    rpachigo wrote: »

Sounds good, same calories but with nutrients and lower glycemic index.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Most grocery stores in the US now have Monk Fruit sweetener in the bags and packets ... the kind I buy is in an orange box and made by the "In the Raw" brand. Of course, I cannot say enough about this sweetener either: sugavida.com/ It is expensive but I love the taste and limit it to only coffee. I ordered it on Amazon but then my local HEB store now carries it too. It has a caramel-like back flavor.

I also started using both the Silk brand almond creamers and the So Delicious coconut creamers - yummy and has fewer unrecognizable ingredients.