Looking for weight loss buddies- 20 lbs loss total

Options
just26togo
just26togo Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
Hey guys,

This is probably my 38374782th approach to weight loss and hopefully my last one. I realised I lack the support in order to stick it out and where else to find weight loss sidekicks than on MFP?

I'm looking to drop from 148lbs to 125 in 6 months (5'8" female).

Who's with me?

Replies

• vanny24mvp
    vanny24mvp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Although, I have to lose more than you :smile:
  • mmichmo
    mmichmo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In with you, I need the same amount, 5'3" and 146 lbs. feeling like a lost case. I can't break the sugar habit, what's your weakness?
  • rsierra33
    rsierra33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and looking for motivation Support. My goal is to lose 20lbs in 6 months for my dress fitting for my Wedding in October!! :) I'm with you!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I need to go from 168.2lbs to 135(pre pregnancy) and then probably 125 after that
  • cdonathan907
    cdonathan907 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm looking to go from 168 to 130. Between having a baby and being put on steroids for my Crohn's disease I need to drop some LB's. Looking for buddies to help me with it.
  • jmrobinson02
    jmrobinson02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...just had a baby 3.5 months ago. Need to lose 50 pds.
  • twishu
    twishu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'5 female. Gained a lot of weight during the last few years of college and 2 years of stressful jobs. Aiming to go from 180 to 130ish , do a 5k, and get a better handle on my diet. Im with you.

Lost about 3 lbs the last 2 weeks so starting off alright :)
  • Rochellenoone12
    Rochellenoone12 Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi im 5"8 and weigh 152.5lbs now...i startd my journey 6weeks ago and my starting weight was 166lbs...my goal is around 136 -140lbs as for some reason i look sick any lighter ...add me if you like and we can motivate eachother
  • gabolius
    gabolius Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let's do this 20lb is also my goal! Started today with exercise and healthy meals.
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, and I'm getting serious...finally used the calorie/food log. My goal is 30lb by Summer.
  • Chelsey0619
    Chelsey0619 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I want to lose about 30
  • Chanlon67
    Chanlon67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I have a lot to lose and want to feel better.
  • CheerfulMom4
    CheerfulMom4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Have about 30lbs to lose. Would like to get back to around 135. I weigh 166 now.
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Please add me! And anyone else! I'm 45, have gained weight this past winter and am now 160, and want to get to 140. Even 135 if I can do it!! I need to cut back on wine and junk food and eat clean. I am also trying to work out 5 days a week! Let's DO THIS!!
  • Jessicabybike
    Jessicabybike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a new wardrobe so weight loss is staring me in the face. And my ## number is the highest it's been in 5 years.

5'4". 160 want to drop to 140.

My problem is fitting in the routine of staying active around a full time job & kids and eating healthy with a family to feed.

• G007ANA
    G007ANA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not bad for someone who is over 105,136 years old! Assuming you started at year 0 but who is going to quibble over a couple of years! (yes that is pretty sad but that is how many years assuming you tried anew every day). Good luck with the weight loss!

Just remember more important than the weight is the body fat. Don't kill the calories too fast or you will plateau and you can either exercise more or cut the calories further. If you cut them too far too fast you will not be able to go further. Fell into that trap last year where I broke my calorie intake to 1400 a day and training 7 days a week. I hit a plateau and from there was almost impossible to trim again.

Am now back at 3000 calories a day based on macros and every two weeks I re-assess. Also I am only training 5 days a week. So down the line you get to play around when you hit plateaus.

One more thing about the weight loss, remember you can change in extreme cases 3kg (6lbs) in a day based solely on water retention etc...

There we go, a long winded way to say I am in the same boat as you trying for the bazillionth time to drop the weight but trying it a smarter way! :smile:

Good luck again and keep us posted!

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 86 with about 60 to go female 5'7"
  • jennvee
    jennvee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! 5'7 hoping to go from 150 to 130 or so. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • SimpleLux
    SimpleLux Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 150 now at 5'4" and want to be 130 by summer! Add me
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me